PDA

View Full Version : A warning about ESP Products / Engine Pre-luber

SDWA
08-19-2002, 13:56
One word of advice about Eastern Superior Performance (ESP) the "makers" of an engine pre-luber system: Stay away.

http://www.preluber.com

I ordered my preluber for the Duramax back in February, installed it and it was WAY too noisy. So I called ESP and spoke with John who I'm assuming owns the entire business, as he's the only one who ever answers the phone there, if he answers at all. Told him the problem, and that I wanted to return it. He gave me an RMA number and I sent it back to them. "30 Day Full money back guarantee" the website says.

6 weeks later I had received no credit. I called them several times, finally talked to John: "It'll be today or tomorrow"

Each time the credit card bill came and showed no credit, I'd call. "Should be there by the beginning of next week"

The credit never showed up. Called in the beginning of July, left several messages. Still no credit. "It should have been posted by now" so I asked that a copy of the credit receipt be faxed to me. It was faxed, not really legible but one thing stood clear: The return amount was about $100 less than it should have been. Called back, spoke to John and asked why.

"There's a 15% restocking fee" I was told. Well, that's bull$h1t I said. There's no mention on the paperwork, instructions or website. In fact, it says full 30 day money back guarantee. "I'll have them credit the difference back" he said. Finally received the original "partial" credit on the card.

Called back today, with still no credit for the difference. Get a hold of John again. "We're switching to a new bank, it's been a hassle. It should be done late today or tomorrow" This is almost 6 months later, folks.

Eastern Superior Performance (ESP Products) has been terrible. Excuse after excuse after excuse, and the hidden "15% restocking" fee they invented.

Stay away. Stay FAR away.

If they ever credit me back the difference, I'll delete this topic, otherwise, be warned now.

Scott

[ 08-19-2002: Message edited by: SDWA ]</p>