PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for receiver....

MNR
02-20-2004, 13:30
Hi,

I'm trying to find/decide on a replacement head unit. I have a 2002 2500HD LT, single CD with the remote cassette. I've already replaced the door speakers.

I'd like to find something that will allow me to keep the remote cassette. We have a lot of books on tape for long trips. I'd also like something that is XM ready and the CD needs to be able to play MP3 on CDRs.

Everything seems to be straightforward except for the remote tape part. I have no idea on how that might be maintained.

Recommendations?

Many Thanks,
Paul

BlueOx03
02-24-2004, 17:39
I think the head unit you're looking for is a unit like the Pioneer Premier DEH-P750MP it's a good CD/MP3 player. You can plug in a walkman to play tapes buy using the CD-RB10. this will yield some very good sound and you get tapes and MP3s. The 750 is a good mid range unit priced at around $400. There are some that cost less and some that cost more, but this is a very well rounded unit as far as price and features go. If you would like info on what dash kit, wiring etc to use, drop me a line...

Ox

NutNbutGMC
03-01-2004, 06:01
I have an Alpine aftermarket unit in mine. CD/MP3/XM ready (around $400). I'm pleased with it, all the while I am using an amplifier and aftermarket speakers / sub.

The crew cab holds sound quite well.