PDA

View Full Version : 7 way to 6 way trailer plug conversion

Aggie '91
07-15-2003, 14:12
Hello All,

I just purchased a 2003 Chevy Diesel with towing pkg. I noticed that the trailer lights plug is now a 7 way plug (larger dia & flat prongs). Naturally, everything I have is of the older 6 way variety (round plugs & round prongs). I have purchased a 7 to 6 way converter, however, there is not a "flap lock" (for lack of a better term) to hold the 6 way in (from the trailer).

Has anyone had any problems with the 6 way plug falling out, and if so how did you secure it? I was not able to find a changer with a "flap" on the 6 way female side like there is on the female 7 way on the truck

Any help appreciated!

Thanx,
PDS

Maverick
07-15-2003, 15:22
I have used the adapters for years. Never had any problems. The trailer plug pushes in pretty hard into the adapter. Just pull it apart an clean the contacts regularly.

IndigoDually
07-18-2003, 21:04
I haven't had any problems either, all 6 of my trailers except for my camper are that style.

John

Aggie '91
07-20-2003, 00:14
Great news guys. I will keep an eye on it & see what happens.

I guess I am just a little paranoid about an unsecured connetion. If Murphy ever see this connection on my truck, I am sure something will happen to my it. He always seems to find my equipment ;)

Thanx,
PDS