PDA

View Full Version : 285 Geolanders

Bridgeman
03-01-2004, 14:43
Hi,

I have just had a set of 285x75x16 Yokahama Geolander ATs installed. Very impressed but, find they are rubing a bit on the mud flaps (stainless) and on the air dam of the passenger side only. Any sugestions? Cuting the air dam will cause my cold front not to attach properly.

TH
03-01-2004, 16:25
My clearance is fine with my 255/85R16s Dunlop AT XTs but I was contemplating doing the same thing anyways just to get better clearance especially when turning sharp, nose down and under load.

I was thinking of cutting the air dam carefully and then bonding the cut off piece back on so that I still have the "L" shaped surface area to clip my cold air blanket on. I haven't tried this, haven't given it much more than a fleeting thought.

Brad Pelot
03-02-2004, 07:43
I also have 285 Geolanders on my 03 GMC. I had to trim the lower section of the air dam a little, and pull the emergency brake cable behind the wheel well skirt, over just a bit. You should only have to take out a little wedge of plastic off the air dam. Nobody even notices unless you tell them. HAPPY MOTORING!

Bridgeman
03-02-2004, 17:26
Fine, If I have to hack so be it, but cutting the air dam 90deg corner will diable the ability for the cold front to clasp.