PDA

View Full Version : Catch-All Floor Protection

ram/tx
12-26-2002, 07:38
Got a set of Catch-All floor mats from Santa. Seen the big screws that attach the Catch-All to the current carpet, and was wonder about how they work. Looks like they are a PIA to install and get back out to clean. Anyone got any suggestion or tips on their installation.

buelldude
12-26-2002, 07:55
yeah take a screw driver and screw them in!

chevmeister
12-26-2002, 09:21
throw them out and seal the holes with silicone before you use them. hole is placed in the perfect spot so melting snow runs right to it and all over your carpet you were trying to protect

chuntag95
12-26-2002, 20:24
I used a screwdriver and then put my Taz mats on top to cover the holes. They look cooler anyway. :D tongue.gif Of course, we don't have much of a snow problem here in Texas. We just shut the state down till it melts. redface.gif :rolleyes:

[ 12-26-2002: Message edited by: chuntag95 (Chris) ]</p>

txguppy
12-26-2002, 21:49
Hey ram/tx,

Send 'um back and get you set of Husky Deluxe or Weathertech floor mats. They hold gobs of snow,water,mud.... :D

txguppy

chevmeister
12-26-2002, 21:52
txguppy
do They look as good?? after the last snow storm we had im ready to trash mine for soaking my carpet.

ram/tx
12-27-2002, 07:44
I'll go along with "Shut down until all the snow melts". I like the way the Catch-all mats look, but I'm not impressed with their mounting methods. Thanks for all the replys. I'll probably send them back and look for something better. What are you guys that live in the snow country useing for floor mats? :confused: :confused:

bearman
12-27-2002, 21:20
Husky Deluxe and nothin but, lots of mud and snow every day and my carpets still look new.
Cheers
Bear

GMC-2002-Dmax
12-27-2002, 21:30
Husky Liners,

Third truck - Third Set - IMHO nothing better out there!!! :D

GMC ;)

NutNbutGMC
12-29-2002, 07:16
^......Husky liners....

ram/tx
12-29-2002, 08:01
Looks like Husky Mats is the way to go, so the Catch-All's go back and Husky will be on the way. Thanks for the info. Great Board for any problems and just great friendship. Everyone have a HAPPY NEW YEAR. :D

Professor
12-29-2002, 08:38
The Husky is a nice mat. I wanted something a little less "industrial looking", so I bought the Nifty's Catch-all. I have now had both and prefer the Catch-All. I

txguppy
12-29-2002, 14:15
chevymeister,
I think they look fine. They clean easily with little drying time. Also, IMHO the regular Husky liners are kinda slick when wet and are not as good as the Deluxe rubber ones. The weathertech are comparable with the Deluxe Huskies.

txguppy

GMCTRUCK
12-29-2002, 20:43
Fox Weatherboots.

freestates
01-21-2003, 10:49
I threw my weathertech rubber mats out. The rubber is too soft and will not hold up. After 7 months of use the drivers side developed a small hole where the heel of my shoe rides. The hole could only be seen from the back of the mat. I dont know how long it was leaking but the carpet was soaked.

LA DMAX
01-21-2003, 23:06
I've got the catch alls. I love em. Down here in sunny SoCal I don't have the water/snow problems some of you guys have. I did spill a cooler in the back that had about 1/2 cup of water. The catch alls held every drop. I just got a rag and soaked it up. Couldn't tell anything ever happened. I really like the fit, and the color matched almost perfect. The only complaint would be the rear mat for the crew cabs which could tuck up closer to the back of the front seats more. Other than that "es bueno".

LA DMAX

TSimpler
01-22-2003, 07:44
Just trade in your truck and order one with out the carpet. I deleted my carpet and they gave me rubber instead.

oh ya I also have the Husky's... in both trucks

Trent