PDA

View Full Version : Gotta have one of these!!

skidsteer loader
03-16-2004, 19:45
check out this product, www.anacondapowerpack.com (http://www.anacondapowerpack.com) anybody got one? Great idea but hang on to your wallets!

WillowCreekStable
03-17-2004, 08:12
Looked good - 'til I got to the price! That's a 9.9 on the pucker scale

Rockin
03-17-2004, 09:06
That looks sweet. Didn't see the price but I know it is off my scale. A generator/compressor combo makes great sense though.

If I could have my cake and eat it too, I would get a generator, compressor combination that runs on Diesel (since my truck does) and can be plugged in when I am using air tools in my garage. Then I would like to be able to lift it in and out of the truck and afford it. :D

skidsteer loader
03-17-2004, 22:00
hey Rockin this company has one with a diesel, My employer is a distributor, and I didnt even know it! Looks like its time for the employee discount. www.187powerbox.com (http://www.187powerbox.com)

skidsteer loader
03-17-2004, 22:12
hey Rockin this company has one with a diesel, My employer is a distributor, and I didnt even know it! Looks like its time for the employee discount. www.187powerbox.com (http://www.187powerbox.com)

wheeler
03-18-2004, 17:28
hey guys-- how cool is that package! I'm getting a new fifth wheel that does not come with a generator. Rather than building a propane genset into the trailer (need to refill propane bottles every 7 hours) I considered a diesel genset in the truck bed, fed off the truck's tank.

Yeah it's a pricey option but what's killer is the toll on the truck's carrying capacity the weight of the diesel genset takes... that diesel Kubota PowerBox 450 says it weighs 1550 pounds!

A loaded 3500 D/A only has about 3000 pounds of carrying capacity to max out its GVWR and I need every pound for kingpin weight of my trailer.

Don't think I haven't thought of this though-- friends who pull big trailers with MDTs have GVWR to spare and have built diesel gensets into their Freightliners, Petes, etc. Hmmmm. Can you say "Chevy 4500???" hehehe... --wheeler

Colorado Kid
03-19-2004, 08:45
HOLY COW!
I was checking this out and thinking how cool it would be, but even after all the earlier posts warning about the price I didn't expect 7 blings! :eek: I paid less than that for the second truck in my signature.

I guess I'll stick to my 12V slowpoke compressor and carrying a portable gen set for a few more years. . . otherwise I'm gonna need a cheaper wife!

skidsteer loader
03-19-2004, 18:23
Cant make up my mind!! I like the extra drawer that the anaconda has, but can get a powerbox through my job for nearly 2K cheaper! Also powerbox come with a welder anaconda does not. Decisions Decisions.

Also you guys should check out my post "check this out" pretty neat product also.

Sneaks
03-20-2004, 07:10
Be aware the height above the bed rail is 8" and the box occupies 27" of the bed. The muffler sticks out 6" beyond that point.

I had visions of using it in mine when I tow the 5th wheel but that shot it down completely.