PDA

View Full Version : Ranch hand 10 inch drop rear bumper

Turbo Al
10-03-2003, 18:15
It looks like the search feature is not working at this point in time, so sorry if I am repeating a previous post.
I should be picking up my 10 inch drop rear bumper next week and was wondering what (if anything) else I need to switch over the little things like the spare tire drop and the towing plug in box. I have been assured the factory receiver will fit this bumper.

et
10-03-2003, 22:59
Turbo Al,

Here is some of the notes I have collected from the Forum:

1. Ranch Hand Rear Bumper: The full replacement front bumper is about 250 lbs while the cowboy rear bumper is about 180. If you get the cowboy with the 10" drop you can still use the factory hitch as it bolts right to the bottom of the bumper, making it part of the frame and bumper. That will allow 10,000 lbs dead weight on the factory hitch and 12k with an equalizer hitch. You can also mount a hitch receiver on the top of the cowboy below the license plate and have 5000 lb capacity. I don't know how other hitches will or won't work with the cowboy. If you need pictures let me know and I can email some Friday. Cobra One email john@johnthomas.us
12/26/02

2. When I purchased my Cowboy rear bumper back in May, Ranch Hand was only making the 10 inch drop. The bumper with lights was around $340. The factory receiver does fit underneath the Cowboy (that's the bumper I have), but you must buy an extension in order to clear the bottom ball plate. DemaxDeva 12/28/02
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=947451&uid=607512

Turbo Al
10-04-2003, 06:29
Thanks very much ET
Most of what I needed to know was in the picture trail -- pic is worth a thousand words.

Turbo Al

BTW the seach feature is back and running -- a little slow and wierd but it's back

[ 10-04-2003, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Turbo Al ]

Turbo Al
12-08-2003, 00:28
It's been a struggle but I finally got my bumper. Put it on last night, it may not be the prettiest bumper in the world but the next person that rearends me is in for a world of hurt, :eek: I must say the install went really well, bumper only needed a slight "modification" with a 10 lb sludge hammer to bend the mount in slightly and they sent two wrong bolts.

Al