PDA

View Full Version : OEM Camper Mirrors?

peachin
02-21-2003, 06:32
I have the OEM Camper Mirrors on the new D/A
I received last week. Apparently they do not fold back in any way - although they come "in" to normal mirrors - they do not fold back - Is that possible - that the General did such a stupid thing? OR have I missed something?

BKColeman
02-21-2003, 07:12
My '03 camper mirrors (w/ the accordian boots) fold in. When I went to the lot to buy, every truck had them folded in so they could park them closer together.

That was a big concern when buying it. I was afraid if they didn't fold in, it might not fit in the garage. Luckily, if I bring them in close to the truck (not folding though), it fits just fine. My last truck was a Ford, and with its trailer mirrors, I had to fold one side in to get into the garage.

That said, it seemed to take a lot of force to get them started. So I'm glad I don't have to fold them everyday.

FisHn2DMax
02-21-2003, 21:40
I ordered the 03 with the camper mirrors because I saw an 03 truck in a showroom that not only folded back, it would also fold forward if you hit the side of the garage backing out. Since I've incurred $1700 damage once after hitting my Previous Super Duty trailer mirror backing out of the garage, this folding feature on the GM sold me!

I have the OEM power adjustable camper mirrors, as was stated in the earlier post, it takes a bit of force to fold them back, but they will fold back! So don't be shy, push back on them hard, they'll fold!

Good Luck, Actually the General was thinking straight on this one!

smile.gif

peachin
02-21-2003, 22:35
Thanks - I put some A$$ into the mirrors and they did move in. Thanks again. this is a great board - the biggest dealer in arizona did not have an answer - Incl the service mgr.

BKColeman
02-23-2003, 08:36
Fish,
Have you ever tried to fold yours forward? The salesman told me they would, but I've never seen them do it nor read it in anything official, so I've been afraid to try it. I know the newer Ford tow mirrors fold forward, but you can see the notch on them. The accordian boot hides too much. Hopefully I'll never catch them on anything though...

Brad

BobNelson
02-23-2003, 10:27
yup. they fold forward.... backed into a fence post... have them on my 01.

FisHn2DMax
02-23-2003, 13:42
Bob,

I personally haven't tried to push them forward, but I have seen them pushed forward on a dealer ship showroom HD truck with these mirrors.

I hope I never have to worry about it, but it's nice to know they're supposed to fold forward should you catch them on something backing up.

;)

fredw
02-25-2003, 00:58
i have the power 03 camper mirors, i repeat they do not fold forward, like the other post i backed out of the garage, and one grabed the edge of the frame, it cracked the housing and miror, 770cdn dollars latter it was fixed, only fold back not forward :mad: