PDA

View Full Version : Gauge install on "03's"

Runaway
02-21-2003, 15:48
With the weather warming up abit I thought I might get to tackle the gauge install this weekend (boost/EGT). I thought I followed all these gauge installation threads pretty closely and tried searching this afternoon, but came up zilched!

Where on the fuse block is everyone tapping into to get a SWITCHED 12V and where are you picking up the power for the lights?

I thought installing the probe and pickup for the boost was going to be tough, but looking at the fuse blocks, all those abbreviations have got me confused. :confused: I understand that the "03" fuse blocks are labeled differently than the "01/02" trucks.

Thanks for any help you "03" owners can offer!

GMC-2002-Dmax
02-21-2003, 21:05
Runaway,

I don't know if 03's are different. If you want........

Click on my SIG for Duramax Pics and look in gauges. I used two fuse taps into the fuse box. The heavy 12ga white wire is for the gauge lights and the smaller red one powers up with the ignition for the Pyro gauge.

NAPA sells fuse taps, however others have found fuses with spade connectors built in.

If you have a test light you can check for the circuits or look in your manual for the dash lights fuse locations to get a better idea.

Good Luck,

GMC

;)

[ 02-21-2003: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

Runaway
02-22-2003, 19:23
Thanks GMC for your response. Looked at your pictures and they are excellent shots. But as others have stated the fuse block/layout is different. I've installed gauges and used the fuse taps you are talking about in previous setups. But since this 03 has mutiple tasks on each wire and they are now using acrnyms different from anything I've seen before. And I just looked at the owners manual and I should be able to figure this out since they kind of have a description of what each fuse is suppose to be for. :rolleyes: Again thanks for your help, the weather has turned cold again so this project is on hold again.

[ 02-22-2003: Message edited by: Runaway ]</p>