PDA

View Full Version : clip on convex mirrors?

Diesel Freak
02-23-2003, 09:26
Does anybody know of a good sized clip on convex mirror that will fit the OEM extending camper mirror? I bought a set off of power vision's website. Too small to do much good.

Thanks!

Runaway
02-23-2003, 11:21
Do those mirrors work on the underside of the tow mirror or do they have to be mounted on top like their website shows?
Was thinking about buying a set. I have 4" convex's mounted over the directional light portion of the mirror right now.

Gasman1075
02-23-2003, 18:50
I have put a set of hercules wide angle on top of my camper mirrors. They are about 6"X 2" and I am very satisfied so fare. I haven't towed the 5er yet it is a little cold here yet. I got them through Camping World.

Walt

Diesel Freak
02-23-2003, 23:41
Runaway, yes, you could mount them on the bottom, all they need is a flat surface about 3 inches wide and an 1.5 inches deep, then you tighten down a piece on the inside which slips in between the stock mirror and it's housing. They are not made by Power Vision, they just sell them. I'm certain you could clamp the mirror onto just about any factory mirror that has a thin housing around the glass.

Walt, thanks for the info, I'm going to go check that out.

Diesel Freak
02-23-2003, 23:50
Those clip on mirrors at Camping World appear to be the exact same ones I bought from Power Vision, they are okay for running empty, but not worth a darn with 30+ feet behind you. The wouldn't be too bad if they were 6X4" or even larger. I guess I just got spoiled with the West Coast mirrors I had on my Dodge.

I wonder if there is anyway to have the factory mirrors extend further?

DonG
02-26-2003, 18:43
Diesel Freak,
Those smaller convex mirrors you bought from PowerVision are made by a company back East. They also make a larger convex mirror that clips on the same way.

Go to: www.safedriving.com and look for "Big Auxilliary Mirrors". Or try www.herculesjrp.com
They sell for about $20.

Their phone number is: 1-800-800-4920

Good Luck. Don

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: Don G ]</p>