PDA

View Full Version : Chevy aftermarket mirrors

teemsk
07-01-2005, 03:36
Has anyone bought and used these extended towing mirrors? If so I would like to know what you think of them. I'm trying to decide between these and the TTT mirrors made by SCHEFENACKER. I like the looks of these more than the TTT mirrors and they're less expensive at $425 versus $550 for the TTT mirrors. I just bought a 2005, 3500 dually crew cab and I need the towing mirrors for my 30' Keystone TT.

teemsk
07-01-2005, 03:37
Ooops, forgot the link. Here it is:

http://www.visionviewmirrors.com/etm_introduction_page.htm

SHOPMAN426
07-06-2005, 21:14
I've seen these mirrors on a few trucks. They look like a copy of the ford mirrors, but a little smaller. Too me they don't look as good as the TTT mirrors. I run the TTT mirrors and have no complants about them or the price. I went full boat and got the lighted markers and chrome covers. I think the chrome covers make them stand out.

Shopman426,
Mike. ;) ;)

atvpilot
07-07-2005, 15:28
go with the TTT I have had them on my 2002 2500 HD CC/SB for the past 3 yrs and have no problems with them. Glad I made the move.

teemsk
07-08-2005, 05:32
Thanks for your input. I was leaning towards the ETM mirrors but you've help change my mind in favor of the TTT mirrors. I just can't decide if I want the chrome cover or not. My truck is white so i'm not sure how much the chrome will stand out. Thanks again.

SHOPMAN426
07-08-2005, 06:43
Captain K,

Send me an E mail and I will send you a few pictues of my trunk with the chrome covers. My truck is white and I think they look great.

Shopman426,

My E mail: shopman426@msn.com

Mike. :cool: :cool:

teemsk
07-08-2005, 08:25
Just sent you the email shopman...Thanks.

motovet
07-08-2005, 20:21
When I bought mine from John, I ordered the chrome covers and put one black and one chrome on to decide. One way to be sure...all your out if you want the black is minor shipping cost. I went with black, but my truck is grey. Either way ...go with the TTT's, they are great mirrors.

BozDMAX
07-15-2005, 16:42
Ditto the positive reviews of the TTT mirrors. I was a bit nervous about the looks before I bought but they really are a great mirror.

When extended, I have great sight lines all the way down the side of my 34' 5'er or the 28' gooseneck. The spot mirrors have saved my tail more than a handful of times.

We ought to run a survey on favorite accessories...

a bear
07-16-2005, 15:12
No regrets here. The TTT mirrors have been great.

OC_DMAX
07-16-2005, 18:10
Are these TTT mirrors stable ( & vibration free) when extended?

Also, what is the final product / installation like? (Close to factoy appearance,,,)

I recently upgraded to a fifth wheel trailer and need a little more mirror than the CIBA extensions, that I have been using, provide.)

Thanks,
Alan

SHOPMAN426
07-17-2005, 06:31
Yes they look like they came on the truck. With the chrome covers they look great. If you send me an e-mail, I will send you a few pics of them installed. And to answer your question on stability, they are darn good. Just don't make the mistake that I did when installing them. See my post on "Water getting in here".

shopman426@msn.com

Shopman426,
Mike. :cool: :cool:

OC_DMAX
07-17-2005, 14:42
Mike,

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like these mirrors will work for me.

Regards,
Alan

Kennedy
07-18-2005, 18:06
http://www.kennedydiesel.com/photogal/images/John%20Kennady%20copy2.jpg

teemsk
07-26-2005, 09:57
Thanks to all for the great input. I bought the TTT mirrors and the chrome covers and installed them on Sunday with no problems. They look great and driving and backing is much easier with them installed. One question though for anyone who has the TTT mirrors and has tried to install the in channel window rain guards. The TTT mirror housing extends further up the window than the stock mirrors so where do you find any window rain guards that will fit with the TTT mirrors?

docl
08-04-2005, 04:26
I would like to upgrade my '03 3500 with stock camper mirrors to the Schefenacker Mirrors. I am using the old tape type Ventvisor ventshade. Do the new Quik-Snap ventvisors fit with the Schefenacker Mirrors? Anyone modified the new or old ventvisors to fit?

atvpilot
08-07-2005, 13:40
Capt K,
I had the same problems. I had to mount the rain guards a little higher. They don't match perfect with the rear ones but they look ok. Take the lower edge of the rain guards and put it right at the edge of the TTT mirror. I'll try to get a pic and email it to ya. Just reply back with your email address. I'll go snap a few right now.
Pilot

teemsk
08-09-2005, 08:51
Pilot, my email is kirk.teems@navy.mil until I get my comcast account back up and working. Thanks in advance!