PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof issue 2005 GMC 2500HD D/A

LarryMann
07-03-2005, 14:24
I'm having a issue w/ my factory sunrof. The issue is that sometimes it will not close all the way. It gets stuck about 1 inch from completely closing and that is it. I have to play with it alittle and then it will close all the way. I think it is a switch issue. I have yet to convence the dealer of that. However, I do notice that sometimes it will not open properly either. Anyone one else having a problem will theirs? Build date on the truck was 11/2004.

kylant
07-05-2005, 05:37
Larry,

yes, I am having a problem with mine as well. Mine gets "caught up" when trying to open. The second day I owned the thing it would only open about 1" then stop. I had to fiddle with it for awhile, but it works now.

Also, it seems like it does not open all the way. Looking at the track it looks like it should go about 1 1/2"-2" further back. There is about 2" of glass exposed from the end of the mesh liner. Does yours open all the way?

thanks

LarryMann
07-05-2005, 10:31
I think it does however I will check it again. I somewhat happy to see that it is just not me. The first time I took it to the dealer. They told me there was a rock in the channel. I checked it for abstruction before going to the dealer. so I will pursue this more now that I know someone else is having the same issue.

royalglen
07-10-2005, 05:27
I had trouble with my roof- it was completely dead. Got the test-prod out and found no power at the fuse.I removed fuse and it was good so I reinstalled it and everyting worked.I think the fuse panel is Made In China and is not good quality.My roof works good now and we realy enjoy it but I think they must draw a lot of power for the small fuse in line.