PDA

View Full Version : Duraflap Mud flaps

tophog
10-16-2003, 20:02
Been looking for a set of heavy duty mudflaps that actually protect my rockers since I did the 4" lift. Found a few posts here on the forum referencing Kaydenco mudflaps ... and found the company is 2 hours from me.

Just installed the rears ... putting fronts on tonight. Very nice product, top quality, heavy duty simple flap. I might ad there customer service is A-1 ... if anyone is considering this style of mudflap they wouldn't be disappointed.

Picts (http://home.comcast.net/~tophog/duramax/images/Duraflap%20Mudflaps/duraflaps.htm)

NEAB
10-17-2003, 10:24
TopHog,

Truck looks great. Tires, lift and flaps go together very well. Did you notice any change in ride quality, mpg, or noise with the additions?

tophog
10-17-2003, 14:32
From one of my previous posts ... just because I'm lazy. I haven't bothered to check mileage yet due to my speedo being off now ... but that is going to change very soon with Quad Stealth tuner with speedo calibration.

"The Rancho lift significantly improved the ride of my truck. It actually rides softer, car-like now, but not bouncy ... perhaps the Bilteins are responsible. In short, in expecting a "harsher" ride due to historical comments made on lift kits, etc. I was completely shocked on how nice my truck rode after the lift was installed.

There are pros/cons to each approach. Lifts are expensive but retain the geometry of the front end components and give you more lift overall (front/rear) then the TS bar key/crank route and will result in a much better ride IMO.

I went the TS crank approach on my 02 2500HD 4x4 and 265's and was satisfied with the ride but knew I wasn't doing the front end any favors and the ride was stiffer ... that was the sacrafice I was willing to accept to level the truck. Would I spend $3K for 2" of lift in the front? nope."

Jelisfc
10-20-2003, 13:17
Does anyone have a source for 12" wide SS weights? I took a standard truck flap and cut it in half to make my own but can't find weights.

chipper
10-20-2003, 17:44
Jelisfc,
I took 24" truck weights & cut 6" off each end &
used SS pop rivets to attach them.Looks good. :cool:

skidsteer loader
11-08-2003, 17:53
Hey tophog, Where did you get those stainless? chrome? door handles??

Burner
11-09-2003, 10:26
What happens when they get "rolled-up" on top of the tire? Is there a spring or something that will pull them back down? Do they have a break-away or is it a winner take all battle? :eek: Will they fold to 90, 120, 170 ... 180? When will they crack?

Thanks,

Burner------> :D

tophog
11-09-2003, 19:28
I don't think they will roll up ... they are made out of some stiff plastic composite ...and there is a diagnal brace on the inside of the rears that goes about half way down. These are not the flexible rubber type. I guess they might roll up if you got into some deep snow or mud while backing up ...but the way I see it a cracked mud flap 1 or 2 years from now is a lot cheaper then having the quarter panels pelted with rocks and keeps all the crap off the side of the truck. There guaranteed for a year I think.

skidsteer loader - the stainless steel covers are the cheap man's way out smile.gif Eventually going to get the paint matched escalade handles. Got them on sylin concepts web site I think.