PDA

View Full Version : Best EGT & Boost gauges package

b757200er
06-21-2005, 15:32
As everyone says I'm looking to buy a EGT and Boost gauges. Which kit is the best ? Should I consider to buy other gauges like fuel pressure, trans temperature (is it necessary with a 5 speed?). Your comments are welcome.

Also from which TDP'advertisers I should consider to buy theses ?

Thanks guys

sturgeon-phish
06-21-2005, 17:44
GREAT QUESTION! Right now I'm researching for answers myself. What I've found so far is: autometer Z series has the stock look and good reliability and tech support. Issapro offers a series that color codes the operating ranges (green yellow and red) which would be great for when my wife drives ;) . Most boost gauges are 30# or more and a lower range would be better for our engines. When pricing make sure the price includes wire tubing sending units etc. I'm looking forward to "experienced" answers also!
Jim

ace58
06-21-2005, 18:51
I have a SPA combination EGT/boost gauge. It contains a microprocessor that gives accurate readings instantly. As a bonus, you only mount 1 gauge instead of cluttering up your a-pillar with 2 seperate gauges.

bbudus
06-21-2005, 20:41
I just bought Isspro gauges from http://www.dieselmanor.com/. I looked at a lot of places and price, with the xtras there prices were the best. Fast shipping and easy to work with. I did buy my 3 pod pillar from somewhere else though. I always find a deal. I got it from www.performancecenter.com. (http://www.performancecenter.com.) Nice pillar, had Napa match my paint (code in glove box) and painted it, looks great. Some day i will get some pictures posted.

GMC Hauler
06-22-2005, 03:41
I picked up my gages from US Diesel Parts (http://www.usdieselparts.com/) . They were very helpful. I used the Isspro gages, enhancev visibility version. I have been satisfied. Stay away from the Westach fuel pressure gages. I had one, and the sender kept failing. US Diesel replaced the sender, and finally allowed me to trade for a Isspro mechanical fuel pressure gage. They were extremely helpful in the process. I like the look and quality of Isspro gages. I recommend both Isspro and Us Diesel.

Cowracer
06-22-2005, 04:19
As indicated in my sig, I got the Isspro White Face marine gauges. They are well built and accurate, but hard to read. At certain ambient light levels (twilight) the blue backlighting on the numbers perfectly matches the ambient light on the white gauge faces and the numbers dissapear.

During the day they are fine, and at night they are way cool. I only wish they had orange pointers instead of pale blue.

Tim

cruzer
06-22-2005, 05:45
My gauge max's out at 15# and I wish it were higher. Anticipate for future mods. I didn't know any better at the time.

20050627|3|008327|000043|65.183.99.20
06-22-2005, 06:01
Assuming I can get the glitch with the tranny temp skyrocketing fixed, I like the X-Monitor for sheer geekiness. It stores high values so you don't have to keep an eye on it and flashes if you go higher then a set value. I just seem to have a ground issue as my A/C raises my tranny temp substantially (within a second of turning the A/C on).

odee
06-23-2005, 18:21
have any of you guys used the gauges from autometer? I have been looking at the boost gauge and pryometer from them.

KallyI
06-23-2005, 18:42
I'm using Autometer Phantom gauges: Boost, EGT, and Transmission temp, all in a 3 gauge B pillar pod. I got them all on ebay.

More Power
06-24-2005, 08:28
I'll be installing a set of Autometer Pro-Comp Ultra Lite EGT/boost gauges (white faced) in Lil Red in the next few days, along with a 2-gauge pillar pod.

In addition, I was able to get photos of most of the available gauge brands grouped together in a cool display case, in both daylight and in a darkened room showing the gauge illumination.

All this should be in a new install article available on the web site by July 15th. smile.gif

MP

Dvldog 8793
06-24-2005, 17:41
Howdy
Isspro boost :D
Isspro EGT make sure you shield the transformer :D
Cyberdyne Ambient air temp :D
Cyberdyne engine oil temp :D
B&M Tans temp :D
Westach dual Intercooler in/out air temp. :D

Been happy with all, Cyberdyne are VERY bright and I needed to tint them with window tint. The Intercooler gauge had one bad sender that was replaced by the factory. EGT gauge had a WHINE that was fixed by cover the transformer with RF shielding

EGT & Boost mounted in pilar
Trans temp & oil temp mounted in overhead from a rear air Suburban
Amb air temp and dual IC mount in PVC elbows cut short and painted to match the dash, sounds goofy but it worked great! tongue.gif
If you get a trans temp gauge I would mount the sender in the output line of the trans.

Got them all from different vendors but I've had Great dealings with both Kennedy and Heath. Both are outstanding guys, in my opinion.

Hope this helps!
L8r
Conley

odee
06-24-2005, 18:26
More power what year is this truck? I'm wanting to find a gauge pod that fits or is adaptable to the 73-91 crewcab bodystyle trucks.

catmandoo
06-24-2005, 18:47
odee i have an extra banks 3 gauge pod that sets on the dash ,ordered and never used i'd sell ya,fits 82-up with the flat dash.and for guages i have isspros in my pickup and autometers in my sub and the autometers react alot quicker,

odee
06-25-2005, 17:05
thanks catmando,I'm wanting to find a pillar style pod mount. The banks gauges you have what are they? Diameter?

Billman
06-25-2005, 17:43
Big Fan of Autometer. Boost & EGT.

Currently using Fuel Pressure Gauge for Boost.

0-15. Use the whole face, not just part of it. Accuracy is the key.

Watch the needle start at 7 and go past 5 o'clock...

damork
06-25-2005, 20:56
I went 100% VDO - the Vision series. Boost (0-15 psi), Trans Temp (oil temp gauge), and Pyro in triple pillar.

Gauges are backlit and colors match oem gauges.

Total spent on package (not counting wires) in 2000 was $275.00 - so far they work very well.

See www.egauges.com. (http://www.egauges.com.)

catmandoo
06-26-2005, 10:13
odee i believe they are the standard 2 1/16th or something like that.