PDA

View Full Version : Remote Start 2005 duramax

AlaskaJack
07-18-2005, 08:49
Just bought a 2005 3500 duramax and want a remote start. Can anyone recommend a brand and will it void any part of my warranty?

Thanks

DrBob
08-10-2005, 19:51
I have a command start and love it. I haven't had or heard of any warranty problems with a remote start. Incidentally, I lived in Fairbanks for three years and still own land near Willow... God I miss Alaska!!!

REDTRUCK05
08-30-2005, 17:51
Originally posted by AlaskaJack:
Just bought a 2005 3500 duramax and want a remote start. Can anyone recommend a brand and will it void any part of my warranty?

Thanks I talked to the service today. The shop manager said that ANY remote start could result in an issue because it taps into the harness

Kennedy
08-31-2005, 08:11
I had a DEI Viper LED unit installed in my 2005 by Doug and Chris at Auto Dynamics www.auto-d.com (http://www.auto-d.com) I did my own Viper in my 2002 and whether it is my install error or what, it will occasionally miss the passlock code and lock up for a bit. The one in my 05 has been flawless. The LED remotes are nice as they confirm (2 way), but lack range. The std key fob with dual batteries will have excellent range.

panchosteam
09-04-2005, 18:41
Hi guys. Been an installer VIPER OR DEI is the one i recomend, about problems;i'd say that they come from the way the install ws done,(scotch locks,etc.) the two way transceiver is a nice one, only thing is that it comes with only one LCD NOT LED REMOTE and it runs for somewhere around $600 so if some one gets this one is probably a good idea to buy a spare remote if you get a good deal on it .