PDA

View Full Version : WARN M.O.S.F.E.T. Control Pack

TxDoc
01-09-2003, 11:06
http://www.warn.com/warn.nsf/pages/TruckProducts.Accessories.mosfetcontrol.html
Every owner of WARN low-profile winches with Series WoundTM motors is a candidate for the most robust and reliable control pack possible. It replaces the electro-mechanical solenoid and uses no moving parts to control the Power In, Power Out and Step functions of the winch.

PN 65319 For 12V system. Includes tie-rod mounting bracket, 72"(1.83m) battery power leads and 6" (15.2cm) leads from control box to winch. Allows for mounting of control box to winch.

PN 65320 For 24V system. Includes tie-rod mounting bracket, 6' battery power leads and 6" (15.2cm) leads from control box to winch. Allows for mounting of control box to winch.

PN 65429 For 12V system. Includes tie-rod mounting bracket, 72"(1.83m) battery power leads and 72"(1.83m) leads from control box to winch. Allows for mounting of control box to remote location.

PN 65429 For 24V system. Includes tie-rod mounting bracket, 72"(1.83m) battery power leads and 72"(1.83m) leads from control box to winch. Allows for mounting of control box to remote location.

FisHn2DMax
01-09-2003, 13:12
Let's see M.O.S.F.E.T. =

Metal Oxide Silicon Field Effect Transistor

Yeap , in theory it should be better than the mechanical switch system.

Go for it! :D

TxDoc
01-09-2003, 13:29
MOSFET = Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors. The Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect-Transistor consists of a source and a drain, two highly conducting semiconductor regions, which are isolated from the substrate by reversed-biased diodes. A metal or poly-crystalline gate covers the region between the source and drain. The gate is separated from the semiconductor by the gate oxide.

FisHn2DMax
01-09-2003, 14:22
WOW, I'm impressed!

In my former life as an electrical engineer, I designed many transistor analog and digital TTL desgins using the Standard silicon junction devices, then came the many new familes of Metal Oxide and field effect devices along with the power handling of the TRIAC devices that just blew my old complex silicon junction device products away! I switched to the Medical field 20 years ago and have just tinkered in Electronics ever since as a Ham radio operator.

I'm glad to see Warn has come out with a true electronic control solution! I'm going to look into it.