PDA

View Full Version : Nobody Knows

Fathead
02-28-2003, 15:56
Wow. I just posted my introduction today and didn't think I would be asking for help this quick. One of the kids or their friends put a long deep scratch in my new truck. You know one of those kinds that nobody knows anything about.I must say the paint sure looks thin. I have never done any touch up painting.Of course I have never cared as much about a truck as I care about this one.Can you tell me where you can get the proper paint and how to use it properly.Prep. and such things.The truck is black.
Thanks
FH smile.gif

mackin
02-28-2003, 19:01
Black HUH !!!!! Not much you can do sept save some coin and get it professionally done.....

Just go to dealer for touch up paint.....

You could try =>http://www.langka.com/ to blend, but Black is tough,real tough ......

Good luck and welcome to the BB.....

I watch all Mammals around my truck like a hawk,short'ies especially........

MAC :D :D :D

Fathead
02-28-2003, 20:30
Thank's for the info. I had no idea black would be a problem. Maybe I,ll try it myself and if it turns out poorly I'll see the pro's.
FH

FisHn2DMax
03-01-2003, 00:39
Fathead,

I know exactly what you're going through. I have a very Dark Blue SUV and it magically scratches it self! Just ask my kids and their friends, they'll tell you so! LoL

Many times I will find what appears to be deep paint scratches, then I'll run a high speed buffer over them with a high quality compound wax and most will disappear. On dark colors, if the clear coat gets scratched, it can look like it's deep into the paint. If it's just the clearcoat, it can be easily fixed.

You might want to run it over to a high end car dealer detail shop with HIGH speed buffer and see what they can do before you touch it up or repaint. Make sure you get someone that knows proper buffing technique, because with black, you don't what swirl marks left in the clear coat! Swirl buffing marks in the clear coat can look much worse (in the sun) than the orignal scratch! If done right, you won't see buffer swirl marks.

Try having it buffed out first! Touch up's never seem to look right? It's almost better to repaint that section depending on how big it is and where it is.

Good Luck! smile.gif

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: FisHn2DMax ]</p>