PDA

View Full Version : Running Boards: Westin v. J&J Millenium

wheeler
07-12-2004, 09:08
I had J&J Milleniums on my '03 2500HD Crew Cab. I had the courtesy and running lights option-- I really loved the appearance and above all the sturdiness. I weigh 250 pounds and I could stand anywhere on the board with no wavering-- I frequently climb up into the bed from the rear of the running board.

Only downside in my mind was the maintenance-- I use the truck daily in snowy salty Idaho and I'm not into polishing-- I noticed little rusty pits all over-- they would mostly polish off-- but it's a lot of work.

I'm shopping for boards for my new '04 3500 Dually. I just saw these Westin Sure-Grip

MIKE WIENER
07-12-2004, 16:03
If you are looking for some thing that is stout. Give a look at the Waag tube step. I have them on MY 2001 3500. About now you are probably asking what is Waag. Till three years ago I asked the same. When I was getting my LineX liner sprayed the shop had a postter from them. What I liked and not seen sens is the step kiks at the rear fender to make a nise step for the bed.
I came to find out they are made almost in my back yard. I was not to hot on the black on my white truck. so I stop in there facility and found out they would do them in white.
In talking to the man in charge one thing led to another and if you go to WAAG.com photos the 2001 3500 is my truck. no I did not keep all the stuff not my tast.
Sorry for the soap boxing

Mike

wheeler
07-12-2004, 19:03
Hi Mike, thanks for the tip. Took a look at Waag and you're right they look very sturdy. Also like the flare out to the dually fender. For my purposes though I need a true running board step-- I have two dogs that travel with me and they use the step as a midpoint when jumping down from the back seat.

Has anyone seen these electrically retracting running boards? PowerStep?

http://www.amp-research.com/invent/powerstep.asp

I know this company, they invent ingenious products, like that truck bed extender was their idea I understand. I own a couple of their mountain bikes. --wheeler