PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy headlight harness

ski
01-17-2003, 00:22
WOW !! What a difference. Just finished the install about an hour ago and there is a noticeable difference. My wife took the truck when I finished and is not back yet so I have not road tested it yet. There are several people already running them, if you are not your missing out. I like the bulks also, 70/100w

Marc :eek:

TraceF
01-17-2003, 08:35
Can you give a brief description of the install?

I have been considering this myself.

Thanks

XTOCAK
01-17-2003, 08:58
I'm a bean counter, not a mechanic and I was able to install the headlight booster kit in about an hour. I took my time, read all the instructions, pulled both headlights, routed the new wire loom, tie wrapped it in place, attached the electrical thingamagigs to the firewall, hooked it up to the electrical system, reattached the headlights lights and everything worked great! I have a ton of respect for Mr. Kennedy's word as I've asked him about various installs and he's never led me astray as to the degree of difficulty. I am planning to install guages and got his opinion...will purchase from him when I get the money as a good customer relationship means everything. No, I don't own shares in his company and I'm not his kid or married to his sister ;).

The reward was a job well done and saved me a very bad accident on the way to work this morning as two young moose jumped up out of the ditch onto the road...with the factory headlights I wouldn't have seen them in time...with Kennedy's system, I saved myself a $500 deductable and the pain of dressing out a moose or two and then not getting to keep the meat. Well worth the money and time.

I still have the factory bulbs but will be ordering his Phillips bulbs for the extra light.

ccds
01-17-2003, 09:46
TraceF:

go to:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/

Click on the Box - Truck Accessories
then click on - Headlight Booster

go to the top line of the first box or second box
it should be highlighted in blue. ie second box
says headlilght booster harness...click on it.

then up will come booster kits ..go to near bottom of the page & click on instrallation instructions or headlight booster FAQ's.

You will have the instructions as supplied by John K.

What else can you say about JK's light harness that hasn't been said a dozen times already...
GREAT PRODUCT JOHN..THANKS

hope this helps

smile.gif

[ 01-17-2003: Message edited by: ccds ]</p>

mcfly
01-18-2003, 16:39
Just ordered mine. Can't wait for it to arrive.

-Rick

hoot
01-18-2003, 18:23
I've been runnin with the harness for over a year I guess now. I can't imagine not having the four beam highs with the big harness. The four lights makes a huge difference and the big relay harness gives you comfort knowing the wires are more than capable of handling the extra load.

MYDMAX
01-18-2003, 20:18
I am surprised that some guys still don't have the Kennedy headlight wiring harness installed.
It is asome and everybody should have it if a lot of night driving is done.
Adi G.

Kennedy
01-18-2003, 20:50
FYI, I just did an install on a 2003 and have confirmed what some others have told me. The 4 beam plug on these models needs to be installed as shown for the EARLY models...

REC06
01-19-2003, 08:53
I love the thing. I had to experiment with mine as I have a plow wiring harness that is involved. I managed to get it to work. The plow lights benifit from the double burning bulbs as well as the truck. I have 80/100 hid simulated blue bulbs and they work well :cool:

Thanks JK

ski
01-21-2003, 22:02
The install went fairly easily, so much so I did it wih one hand mostly as I have a severely broken finger that was sugically repaired and wired back together, how is that for easy. My install was probably not typical, but as stated on JK's web page there is no wrong install. The only problem I ran into was routing the connectors to the headlights themselves, there was not as much play in the plug wiring as exists in the oem connectors. I struggled with the grill/frame area around the windshield wiper reservoir. Routing the harness above the radiator was very clean. I found mounting the relays on the driver side fender and drawing power from the driver side battery the easiest combo on my 03. I do not have a feel for how much more the bulbs in the kit added from the oem bulbs with the harness, but I must say I am satisfied with the combo. Worth the $$$$$ IMO. Good luck

mfontana
01-22-2003, 15:34
John Kennedy: When I read your post regarding the 2003, I went out and doublechecked my 2003 GMC and the 4 beam plug is installed as the "New 01 to present" example in the diagram.

With the low beams on two bulbs function, with the high beams on all four bulbs function.

I verified the positions based on the color of the wires as compared to the color of the wires on your direction sheet named **02064.DWG REV A 11/01

If I read your post correctly, something is incorrect.

Kennedy
01-22-2003, 16:44
mfontana,

I'm not sure just what is happening, UNLESS we are seeing an inconsistency in the build of the harness/plug on the 4 beam end. :confused:

Either way, they all end up working once they are plugged in correctly.