PDA

View Full Version : interior rear view mirror

denverdale
09-11-2005, 15:42
I have a 2002 silverado D/A ext. cab short bed truck. I would like to replace the stock interior rear view mirror with one that has the compas and outside temp. display. Is the temp sensor already installed and if so, where? If it isn't installed, is the cable already install, and if so where can I find it?
Thanks so much for any information you can provide.

DenverDale

madmatt
09-12-2005, 12:31
I just had a customer inquire about this about 6 weeks ago and after some investigating it was starting to look like it would be a major production to wire the external temp sensor on top of the price of the sensor and mirror so the customer backed out. it could be done but it appeared it would end up being pretty pricey.

FJ40INTOW
09-13-2005, 05:14
This kit looks like it uses its own sensors:
http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16136&cat=259&page=1

I haven't used the kit just a fyi...

3500LSCC
10-27-2005, 11:00
I put the long overhead console in a blazer I used to have and it had the temperature and compass. All I did was get a sensor from a junkyard, and ran a wire. I had the wiring schematic for the console, and I just wired it up. It shouldn't be any harder to wire up the mirror I wouldn't think, unless it goes through the body control module.