PDA

View Full Version : TransferFlow 45 gal.

denverdale
08-19-2004, 16:54
Just finished installing the TransferFlow 45 gal. replacement tank on my 2002 D/A ext. cab, short bed. Did most of it by myself. Had a friend help when I lifted it up into place. Used a floor jack of course, but sure helps to have that extra set of hands to guide things into place. The directions were very good and everything fit right in place. Also installed the quick fill neck. (That way I can spend $90 bucks faster). I'll reserve final opinion for later after I see if any problems arise.
Thanks for listening. Just had to tell someone.
Denverdale

mdrag
08-19-2004, 18:21
denverdale,

You will not be disappointed with that set up. I have the 56 gal TFI tank with the fast fill fillneck on my '01. I've found that if I run the large nozzled pumps at the highest setting until completly filled, there is a good chance of spit back when almost full. Usually I can guestimate that I'll need a certain amount to fill up, and then slow down a notch or two for the final 5-10 gal. You'll need to pay attention because the tank will be full WELL before you are expecting it :eek:

denverdale
08-20-2004, 06:13
mdrag
thanks for the tip. I'll go fill it up today. I only transfered about 16 gallons from the old tank to the new one. Gas gauge seems fairly accurate so far.
What can be done with the old tank? I hate to just store it in the top of the garage. Don't think my trash service will pick it up.. Salvage yard perhaps?????
Denverdale

MTTwister
08-20-2004, 12:10
"What can be done with the old tank? " Black water holding tank for the travel trailer. smile.gif

Bill Knieper
08-22-2004, 14:35
Denverdale, how much less ground clearence do you have with the new tank? The bottom of the original tank was slightly above the frame rail bottom. Does the new tank come below the frame rails at all?
Thanks

denverdale
08-23-2004, 09:08
Bill
The tank extends down about 1" below the frame rail. I don't do any serious off road driving, so the clearance won't be a problem. The tank does get real close to the read axel and differental though. Go to TransferFlow web site and look on the forum, and you can request a picture from transferFlow showing the clearance. If that doesn't help, email me at dalestephens@att.net , and I will take some pictures and send to you.

Denverdale

LanduytG
08-23-2004, 13:56
I have the 45 gal tank on my 04 and the rear of the tank comes within 2.5 inches of the rear. I think transfer flow calls for a minium of 1.5 inches. Love the tank and was easy to install.

Greg

denverdale
09-14-2004, 04:40
For thoese of you that have the transferflow 45 gal. replacement tank, does a full tank of fuel cause your truck to set lower on the drivers side? Mine seems to set lower on the drivers side now so I will watch it as I use up the fuel. Obviously, the tank weighs more than the OEM tank and the additional 19 gallons of fuel will add some weight. I don't like going down the road lopsided.

Thanks for your replies.
Denverdale