PDA

View Full Version : Power air lumbar support

Hubert
10-10-2005, 12:27
I have a Silverado with cloth 40/20/bucket/center console front seat. It is a manually adjusted seat with power inflateable lumbar support (gray interior).

I have not pumped up my lumbar support in a while but it was fine a few months ago. Now it acts like it has a slow leak. It sounds normal and will pump up firm and provide support but ~ 5-10 minutes later it leaks back down to little or no extra support.

Is this easily repairable? To be honest I haven't looked into it much yet. Anyone replaced theirs or have experience? If so what was the ballpark costs? The seats are still pretty clean and comfortable just no adjustable lumbar support for longer trips.

trbankii
10-11-2005, 04:03
Cannot exactly speak to your situation, but I helped repair a friend's Ranger seat years ago with the inflatable lumbar support. The hardest part was carefully opening up the upholstery to get at everything. We had to take out the seams a bit and then sew things up again. But we found the leak and patched it with a bicycle inner tube patch and it held for years - until he sold the truck.