PDA

View Full Version : Lund Lunar Visor?

Maverick
03-09-2003, 02:04
Anybody got a Lund lunar Visor mounted on their truck? Looks like a very clean install with no holes to put in the roof for mounting.

http://www.ustruckaccessorieswhse.com/lund-lv.html

RATDOC
03-09-2003, 02:21
Not sure about the new style pick-ups, BUT, on my '99 Suburban the "no hole" Luna visor actually called for holes in the "revised" directions that I found after opening the box.
Tom

Cowboy_120
03-09-2003, 08:44
All i see on there is visors for trucks without the factory clearence lights on top. Do you know if you can get them for trucks with the factory lights? I just want a solar visor, no lights on front. thanks

Swanny
03-09-2003, 09:17
Maverick:
I have one on my '03...real clean install...4 screws on each side of the cab fits nicely UNDER the weatherstripping in the door channel. Also fits well around my factory XM antenna. Local paint shop did it $300 painted & installed. (about an hour to install & wire)
I believe LUND also makes this in an unlighted version as he asked me about cab lights when he ordered it.

Maverick
03-09-2003, 12:09
Swanny,
Got a pic. of the install. I would love to see it on a real truck.

Cowboy,
I know they make one without lights for your truck.

BigLakeDMAX
03-09-2003, 12:46
I've been looking for a lighted visor as well(to go with the lighted ttt-mirrors I put on yesterday) and liked the Lunar. Read a post on rv.net where a guy who bought one in 2001 hated it - said it wobbled and howled at highway speeds. Lund suggested reinforcing it with blown foam. Hopefully they've improved it or perhaps it was a bad install.

Swanny - you have any noise or wobbling problems with it?

Thanks, Don

Kollin Syverson
03-09-2003, 13:14
I had one on my last truck, I liked the looks, but I did not like the wind noise that these create. Remember, these trucks were designed to be somewhat aerodynamic with wind tunnel testing. Anything you add to it such as running boards, bug deflectors, visors, ect.. takes away from your mileage.

Swanny
03-09-2003, 18:30
Maverick: Sorry no pics...I gotta get a digital camera. (wonder if I could tell the wife I have to have one to go with the truck ??????)

BigLakeDMAX: I haven't noticed any noise...but it does wobble a little in the center at about 65-70 mph.

CanadaKev
03-09-2003, 21:10
Mav,
I have the Sun Visor on my DMax, obviously without lights.
Put the Lunar Visor on my wife's 'burb(with lights). Wish I had of stayed with the Sun Visor. Just like the look better. Neither of the visors wobble at high speeds, but there is some minimal wind noise and it will cost you a bit of milage.
Don't have pics of the Lunar on the suburban but you can see the Sun Visor on my truck. ;)
Kev

Maverick
03-09-2003, 23:36
Thanks everyone!