PDA

View Full Version : Rear speak easy's.....

mackin
03-11-2003, 20:14
Any of you having a problem with rear speakers (non factory) coming lose?? Had one of my Alpine plate component speakers come lose and short..... :eek: Dem stupid little screws and self tightening clips...Any alternate ideas?? Anyone try and retro fit some subs in the lower door hole on an ext cab door?? Decent size perhaps some 8" will fit.....Might put a set of Rockford Fosgates in there.....

Had to drive around all day today listening to my Turbo spool and whistle ...Poor me !!!!!! tongue.gif

I put it back,but just might shut her off (Alpine) tomorrow, and repeat today's listening pleasure.....

MAC :D :D :D

[ 03-11-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

thechevyhdman
03-12-2003, 01:40
Al, my Boston Acoustics were big enough to drill nice big screw holes to the inner sheetmetal. I cranked em' down with decent sized self tapping screws......those screw clips are junk.....Did the same with my front woofers...no rattles yet.Maybe get some rattles when I add in some subwoofers one of these days.Bill

1BADDMAX
03-12-2003, 16:30
Take a look at my picturetrail account. I just put some new 4X6's in this week. I used 4 sheet metal screws. Believe me, they aren't going anywhere.

http://www.picturetrail.com/1baddmax/

mackin
03-12-2003, 17:18
I was going to rivot them suckers in,but fear some vibrations ......I'll try a sheet metal screw first......

MAC ;)

jannal
03-14-2003, 07:29
I just installed a new system in my GMC. I lined the speaker openings with DynaMat and used sheet metal screws to fasten the speakers to the doors. I also installed DynaMat in the inside of the door panels behind the speakers, about a 10

motovet
03-14-2003, 11:05
Sound deadener is your friend. Check my pics.

DIESEL/VETTE
03-14-2003, 16:58
MOTOVET,

I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN RAYMOND, NOW LIVE IN RENTON, JUST IN SOUTH BEND LAST WEEK. NEXT TIME I AM IN TOWN I WILL YOU UP.

motovet
03-15-2003, 01:25
Diesel/Vette, If it is a week day you can find me at Coast Seafoods.I am the Plant Manager there. Seems to be a bunch of us here from the Northwest...should have a mini gathering when the weather improves?

DIESEL/VETTE
03-15-2003, 11:02
MOTOVET,

LETS PLAN IT, WE ALWAYS STAY AT SEAQUEST MOTEL, WHEN IN TOWN.