PDA

View Full Version : Ranchhand saved me some $$

Buck
11-12-2005, 21:36
I hit a Big 7 point buck (210 lbs dressed)on my way home from work (5:30 AM) on Friday. He was going from left to right and there was a lot of traffic behind me and oncoming. I hit him from the middle to the pass side of the bumper. ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE!!! Didn't even move the bumper AT ALL. It felt like running over a raccoon. I was going about 62mph and slowed a little to about 50mph or so when he hit. I didn't have time to do much especially with the traffic. I didn't want to involve anyone else. Especially someone in a car :eek:

Without the Ranchhand I surely wouldn't have been driving away, with the mega fuel filter in that corner of the truck. Would have likely damaged the radiator, intercooler, AC condenser......

I'm really glad I bought it ;) :cool: :D smile.gif

Header
11-29-2005, 09:23
Hey Buck,
I am also in southern WI and have been interested in Ranchand products for my 05 1 ton GMC. Where did you get yours as it seems difficult to find a decent deal if your not west of the Missouri River.

Turbo Al
12-20-2005, 17:32
Yes I have there back bumper and I must say it is ROCK solid. I was rearended with the stock one and repaired the truck myself. The Ranchhand was only about $65.00 more than the stock one and it cost me a couple hours of driving to go pick up. Front as soon as I can afford it.
Al

JoeyD
12-23-2005, 18:12
Maybe he was confronting you about stealing his screen name here. :D

AndyG
01-02-2006, 08:19
Buck, what kind of running boards do you have? I like the look of those! I don't want tubes so my 2 yr old son can break his leg or foot by slipping through.

Bryan M
01-17-2006, 21:25
AndyG-
Go look at J and J Enterprises...nice running boards, I have had mine 13 years and they look great still.

www.j-jent.com (http://www.j-jent.com)

Bryan

Jim Brzozowski
01-19-2006, 10:12
Mine's not a ranch hand, but about a month ago a hired hand was loading my gooseneck with round bales of hay, he made the corner a little too wide and ramed the end of the round bale directly into the brush guard.
I was leaning against the trailer and it almost knocked me down when he hit it. Moved the truck and trailer a couple of feet backward. I walked around and looked and could see no visible damage. On closer inspection it did shift the one side 1/2" further in closer to the grill, but if I hadn't had that guard on it would probably cratered the grill and hood. Those bales weigh about 1200 lbs, not to mention the tractor weight that he hit it with. I did move the truck back quickly to give him more room to make the turn after that, I could just see him running that hay fork right through the side of my truck. He was a good driver, just got in a hurry.

I drive through deer country every day back and forth to work and I wouldn't be without one.

Buck its a good thing you didn't hit a doe, everybody would have to comment on that.

Buck
01-20-2006, 10:58
Buck its a good thing you didn't hit a doe, everybody would have to comment on that. [/QB]:D :D :D :D