PDA

View Full Version : Pyro placment ?

JD Diesel
11-16-2005, 15:40
Where's the best place to put the pyro Before the turbo or after the turbo. the pro's and con's for each. JD :confused:

NJDMAX
11-16-2005, 16:18
Before the turbo-more accurate.

jsmiracle
11-17-2005, 06:53
I ordered a pre-turbo gauge package (pyro, boost) from JK's site yesterday. I remember seeing online a pretty good installation procedure (with pics). Does anyone know where that procedure is located? link?
Thanks,
Jim.

More Power
11-17-2005, 12:32
The Dmax Gauge installation article (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/duramax/dmaxgage.htm) we did in early 2002 is still available in the Member's Area.

Jim

YZF1R
11-17-2005, 14:58
Mine is post turbo. I don't run any chips. With the stock fuel curve (programing), you should never have to worry about giving it too much fuel without enough air and cooking something. Both ways are accurate, they are just measuring at different places. Pre-turbo will give you a faster reading on what temp. your pistons may be seeing as the exhaust does not have to heat the turbo before the heat in the pistons becomes obvious. Post turbo, as when idling before shut down, more accurately shows the turbo temp. as it is a heat sink and will probably cool slower than what is shown coming directly out of the engine as with pre turbo. As I said before, I'm not chipped, so I am more concerned with what my turbo temp. is. I wait as most people do until it's below 300*. Hope I made sense. It's not "bad" either way, but if you are chipped, you would probably like it pre-turbo.

Steve