PDA

View Full Version : Street Pilot III Install

Edmac
03-11-2002, 18:01
Just finished mounting my new Garmin Street Pilot III in the truck.
I removed the Tape Player (that I didn't use)and and put a shelf in that slot to mount it on.
There's a picture at www.picturetrail.com/Edmac if anyone is interested.
Ed

Alli-max
03-11-2002, 20:25
nice install! Looks like it was meant to be there... and it even looks better than mine: couple of pieces of velcro slapped on the dash..LOL

john deere
03-11-2002, 21:27
"OK", What is a "Garmin Street Pilot III? Is it a navigation screen that GM should have made available from day one?

sonofagun
03-12-2002, 15:31
Street Pilot III is the latest unit from Garmin. Covers the entire U.S..You can buy a CD that goes down to small street level. The unit has a color screen and voice controls to tell you what to do. It even recalculates your route if you get off track. Great system and you can move it from vehicle to vehicle. I prefer mine on the dash (with the weighted mount) so I can watch it and the road at the same time. It's pricy but can be found for less than retail (retail is about $900). Nice install Edmac. How did you mount the CB? Can you still rock the seat forward? I really like the guage setup where the cd rack used to be. Did you fabricate the faceplate or buy it?

Bob

[ 03-12-2002: Message edited by: son of a gun ]

[ 03-12-2002: Message edited by: son of a gun ]</p>

Edmac
03-12-2002, 16:02
Son of a Gun:
I used the CB mount that came with the Radio and fastened it to the floor of the truck. The Radio is not fastened to the seat.
I made the faceplate for the gauges out of a piece of Oak Wood.
Ed

sonofagun
03-12-2002, 16:05
Gottcha,

Thanks,

Bob

sonofagun
03-19-2002, 10:57
by the by'

Latest software version for the Street Pilot III (2.22) makes a big difference (especially for address entry, etc.) Check Garmin's website (www.garmin.com) for the upgrade. Easy to do, big benefits.

Bob

Edmac
03-19-2002, 19:32
Thanks Bob, I'll check it out.
Ed