PDA

View Full Version : SPA DG-111 upgrades

sonofagun
03-11-2002, 13:17
The new model of the SPA dual Pyro/boost guage has the following enhancements. DIS said they aren't going to be carrying them anymore (pricing issue but Kennedy has them).

The SPA dual gauge has been redesigned for 2002 with greater looks, accuracy
and robustness. The enhanced range of series 2 dual gauges all feature:

a.. Selectable backlight colour (red of green)
b.. Adjustable backlight brightness
c.. Black or white dials
d.. High resolution modes for 0.1 PSI etc
e.. Programmable button function, recall and menu etc.
f.. Splash proof sensor connectors
g.. Extended temperature operation (for extreme climates) -20 to +70
h.. Stainless steel pressure sensors (measure vacuum too)
i.. Programmable warning light, low battery, averaging and more
j.. Programmable outputs for driving external LED's or relays
k.. Thermocouple options and kits available
All gauges are available with standard black or white dial, please specify
when ordering.

The price is still $349.00, please call on (317) 271 7941 or (better) http://www.kennedydiesel.com

Been waiting for this one.

Bob

BMDMAX
03-11-2002, 16:20
I have the DG-211 on my truck and it does as advertised! I have been very happy with it. Mine does have the black face, I'm not too sure how good the white one would look.

If you want digital it is the way to go.

Kennedy
03-12-2002, 18:49
S-O-G,

Your gonna love your weekend project!

SoCalDMAX
03-13-2002, 00:26
SOG,

I've got the 100 series SPA gauges and I love them, looks like the 200 series addresses all of the issues people may have had with them.

I noticed in your sig you mentioned differential pressure gauge. This can be done with the SPA boost gauge and a switch, but a diff. pressure transducer has to be used. Is this to monitor air filter pressure drop?

I called SPA about the same idea and they pointed me to here: http://www.omega.com/toc_asp/subsectionSC.asp?subsection=B05&book=Pressure

I gave up on it, but good luck to ya!

Regards, Steve

sonofagun
03-13-2002, 14:53
John,

WHAT!!! You mean you aren't coming with the gauge to assist in the install????? Now really is that the famous Kennedy service we are used to????? tongue.gif :rolleyes:

SoCal,

I've got the MagHytec diff cover and I plan to run a temp guage from it. Hadn't considered a pressure guage. Based on your comments don't think I'll go there either.

Bob

[ 03-13-2002: Message edited by: son of a gun ]</p>