PDA

View Full Version : Awesome door sill plates

SoCalDMAX
03-15-2002, 13:22
Hi Guys,

Noticed these awesome door sill plates Scott (4meseb) has on his truck, as can be seen here: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=582626&uid=466721

He gave me the phone # (952) 873-6626, this is Real Rod/Extreme Ent. The owner is Bob Goetz, email is goetzxtreme3@cs.com

They sell them in a combination of colors/styles.

They're all stainless, choice of mirrored or brushed and attached with double sided tape.

One is gold Bowtie and black Silverado lettering. (Pic shows blue bowtie and black Silverado.)
One is red Bowtie and red Z71 lettering.
One is blue Bowtie and red Chevrolet lettering.

Price for set of 4 for Crew Cab is $39.95. They have them for Ext. Cab or reg cab models, as well as SS machined front lic. plate with Chervy, bowtie, etc. on it.

Just thought I'd pass this on, love the looks, functional, price is right. Any questions, please email them directly.

Regards, Steve

4meseb
03-15-2002, 22:33
Hey Steve,
You really like those don't you.
Did you order a set?
I thought I would post so everybody didn't
have to cut and paste the address.

Scott

SoCalDMAX
03-16-2002, 18:29
Scott,

Yes, I think they look great in the picture and they'll help keep the door sill from getting scratched. I ordered the same color scheme you have.

The owner says he just bought the company and is looking to sell them thru all of the major auto parts chains. With my luck they'll show up in Walmart for $19.99! (J/K!)

Regards, Steve

4meseb
05-27-2002, 06:27
Hey Steve,
I thought I would bring this topic back up to the top.
There have been a few people asking me where I got them.
By the way I still have not seen them in Walmart. LOL
Scott

Alli-max
05-28-2002, 07:46
Those are sweet. I do hate to tell you though, I did see them at Kroger in Dallas last weekend for $14.99 crew cab setup. Sorry buddy!! :eek: :rolleyes:

I wonder if they come in black for the NICER brand of Duramaxes though... not that Cheby crap... :D :D :D

sk
05-28-2002, 13:13
4meseb:

Nice truck -- this is the first I looked at your PictureTrail album. Are those pics in Gettysburg? I'm in New Oxford!! I noticed you're from Fairfield -- where did you get your truck?

(another) Scott

4meseb
05-28-2002, 16:09
Alli-max,
Were the ones you seen Stainless Steel?
I can't imagine how they could sell these for that much.
No comment to your last line though!

sk,
Yea, those pictures were taken on the battlefield.
I work in the same building as the FCC is in.
Kinda nice to go grab the camera at work and take some nearby pics.
I got my truck in Glen Burnie, MD. I knew exactly what I wanted but didn't want to pay more or wait on an order so I found mine there through GMBuypower.
Do you have a Duramax yet?
Don't see too many around Gettysburg.
Scott :D

SDWA
05-28-2002, 18:38
If anyone with a crew cab is interested, I found that the OEM full-cab-length door sill protectors from a Suburban will fit the doorsills of a Crew Cab - each side is about $24 (IIRC) and they cover the entire sill from forward of the front door to back of the rear door. A simple modification to the protectors and some 3M double stick tape is all that is needed... Anyone wants pictures & P/N's, let me know!

(and another...) Scott

[ 05-28-2002: Message edited by: SDWA ]</p>

sk
05-29-2002, 07:28
Scott (4meseb):

Nope, no Dmax yet. I probably won't be in the market until sometime next year. It will also be my first hop to diesel, so I'm learning as much as I can. For now I'll have to stick with my '94 Silverado. You're right -- there aren't too many Duramaxes running around our area. Champion in Hanover had alot more of them than I ever thought they would get, though. Right now they have an identical truck to yours except it's black, not green. It has been there for 3 months -- I guess everyone in this area that wanted a CC-LB got one. Best GMC only got 3 or 4 diesels for the first 8 months or so.

Currently I work in Hanover, but I worked for a while at Schindler. I sort of miss being in Gettysburg every day, but not as much this time of year smile.gif

Scott

AlaskaDmax
05-29-2002, 16:10
"If anyone with a crew cab is interested, I found that the OEM full-cab-length door sill protectors from a Suburban will fit the doorsills of a Crew Cab - each side is about $24 (IIRC) and they cover the entire sill from forward of the front door to back of the rear door. A simple modification to the protectors and some 3M double stick tape is all that is needed... Anyone wants pictures & P/N's, let me know!"

I am VERY interested!!! P/N's and pics would be cool!!

Thanks! :eek:

AlaskaDmax
05-31-2002, 13:13
SDWA,

You there?

SDWA
06-01-2002, 00:02
I'm here... I was going to try to make a Word document "instruction" file on how to do the install, but it isn't working very well. Send me an email @ ihatespammers! and I'll email them to you (and anyone else that wants them...)

Scott

[ 07-16-2002: Message edited by: SDWA ]</p>

Alli-max
06-01-2002, 11:29
4mes... I was only kidding about that price / location! KROGER... the GROCERY STORE KROGER!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

AlaskaDmax
06-02-2002, 00:15
SDWA,

Can you get the pics and part numbers posted?

Also, did I read you right...$24 each side, so $48 for the whole deal?

SDWA
06-04-2002, 12:49
Here are the part #'s; I checked them out on gmpartsdirect.com and each side is $28.92; 15055773 & 15055774. I got mine off a wrecked Suburban for $25 total... I will get the pictures of the actual install and the modifications up tomorrow. Guess I'll have to finally get a picturetrail account set up!

Scott

AlaskaDmax
06-04-2002, 14:17
SDWA,

You Rock!! :eek:

SDWA
06-05-2002, 10:47
Ok, here's the link... I'm still working on the actual "installation" pictures & process...

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=579805&

Enjoy!

Scott

AKDmax
06-05-2002, 16:58
SDWA,
That looks good. One ? for ya, are the front and rear connected in any way? It looks like a one piece cover. Thanks for posting the link.

On edit: I would be interested in receiving the instructions you mentioned above.
aktoe@lycos.com

[ 06-05-2002: Message edited by: AKDmax ]</p>

SDWA
06-05-2002, 17:39
They are one piece on the Suburban. It wasn't a problem getting them off as the doors on the Suburban were already off!

I couldn't figure out an easy way to get them on the Silverado in one piece - you have to remove the back door from at least the bottom hinge from what I could tell. And I couldn't figure out how to do that! So I cut them in half in the middle under the rear door hinge area with a razor blade. Nice clean cut, and with some double stick tape on each side (which is how the whole unit is attached - along the length underneath and top) it's barely noticeable.

The OEM pieces also had a "weatherstrip" rubber strip on the lower edge. We don't need this as a similar piece is on the bottom edge of the doors. It pulls off easily; I'm not sure if it's included in the P/N's I have, but you don't need it...

When I get the pictures ready, I'll have the whole process on picturetrail with instructions. It was fairly simple after you remove the metal tabs, I used 3M double stick tape on the lower edge, top edge and ends. All that holds it in place on the Suburban is those clips (which are on the side of the strip)...

Scott

FirstDiesel
06-20-2002, 04:37
I've been trying to buy these sills for 2 weeks now. First time I called a get a woman who says they guy is out of town call back in a week. Then I call and get BOB and he says he's not the guy selling them I need to talk to Don but he's gone for the day, BTW it was 2 PM East Coast time!! So I call again the next day and get a woman who says he's not there again, but give me a number and he'll call me. Still waiting!!!

At this point I'm getting really leary about dealing with these guys. If anyone really wants to be in business and is trying to sell something to me I don't think I need to chase them this hard to take my money.

Anyone know of a place that is acting as a dealer for these guys that might understand the words Customer Service???

[ 06-20-2002: Message edited by: FirstDiesel ]</p>