PDA

View Full Version : mirrors

uowdawg
03-08-2002, 20:30
I've purchased a 02 d/a 4x4 cc lbed summit white and so far, I love it. But since it is a l ton dually, and I tow a 5th whl, I need to buy some mirrors. I have heated/electric mirrors and I'm looking for a fix where I do not have to take the door panels apart. Is lucerix xmount the only possible solution. They look fine, but I would like a second choice if at all possible.

Ironhead
03-16-2002, 12:04
The lucerix do not require taking the door panel apart. All you need to take off is the little triangle shaped piece (shsrk fin) directly opposite the mirror with just your fingers, The rest is very easy and straight forward. It plugs into the factory wiring and uses the exsisting switch.
Another mirror option is "Power Vision" They have the added feature of power extention and retraction. These require getting into the armrest and/or the door panel because the factory switch is replaced with their own.

SoCalDMAX
03-16-2002, 17:52
Based on the posts here, the Lucerix are far and away the favorite power/heated mirrors around.

They can be mounted/dismounted in about 5 min and work great. I did a 2000+ mi trip with mine on, worked great, no shake, no whistle. Some have added convex mirrors also.

Give John Kennedy an email, he'll sell you a set cheaper than anyone else that I know of.

Here: john@kennedydiesel.com

Regards, Steve