PDA

View Full Version : Wheel to Wheel steps?

SWLA
03-18-2002, 10:35
Is anyone out there with a set of wheel to wheel tube steps? Plan on adding a tool box to the bed soon and having that step there would sure help get things out of the bottom of the box wothout having to climb into the bed. Any recommendations on a manufacturer? I'm sure ther are several companies out there that make them, but in most catalogs they only show the 4 step models for crew cabs.

zsqure
03-18-2002, 19:12
I have GoRhino wheel to wheel step bars, they are stainless steel, typical 3" mount via cab mounting bolts takes about 30 minutes per side. GO online and find a distributor, call around there was a $200 price difference kind of hard to believe. I really liked the look of J&J Millenium boards but I will not drill holes in a $40k truck, (they mount by drilling holes at the pinch weld). Anyway, be careful you'll scratch the bed going into the box from the side, I still go over the tailgate. :D

bedobe
03-18-2002, 21:50
While waiting for my truck to come in I looked hard at differant wheel to wheel bars. Eventually purchased WAAG bars. Have yet to get them mounted as the box was short a front bracket. They appear to be heavy duty. What I liked best about WAGG is that they mount to the frame. They also appear to be somewhat adjustable in terms of close to the body or out a bit from the body. They come in black with either black aluminum tread plates or brushed aluminum tread plates. I shopped around and the best price I could get them for was $369 (freight included). Found them online in Sears auto catalog. http://catalogs.google.com/catalogs?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&issue=4206&catpage=54&catview=2

wangotango
03-19-2002, 01:15
I too went with the wheel-to-wheel Go Rhino's.
Got the black ones, have a black truck. Basically got them for function.
Not too much on the shiny stuff.

Maybe when I move to Puerto Rico. Did I say that?

Climbing into the bed is pretty easy as they are pretty stout and of course no drilling.

I would think of climbing onto the tire then to the bed as we have been doing for generations. But sometimes people, like say, my wife, will just throw themselves over the side. Hopefully not wearing one of those "satellite dish" belt buckles that some of her cowboy friends wear.

Seem to control rock throw at a minimum though.

Good luck. Have fun.

w/t