PDA

View Full Version : Need a pic please...

JeepSJ
11-12-2005, 11:19
Trying to route the glow plug wires on the passenger side. Tom gave me some great info a while back, but I just can't seem to get it. I have a stock harness from a '98. If I run the wires under the starter heat shield, the leads aren't long enough to get up and through the tubes that surround the glow plugs. If anyone can post a pic of how the wires are routed, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

diesel65
11-12-2005, 14:09
The harness should go down the back side of the passenger cylinder head, then it tucks under the heat shield for the starter, the harness then is routed over the starter (between the starter solenoid and the engine block), the starter solenoid wire should be routed out at this point then it continues on to #6,#4 then #2 glow plugs.
The #6 and #4 plug uses a short pig tail harness that plugs into the two gray connectors.

I hope this helps

JeepSJ
11-12-2005, 23:09
The harness that I have has 6&8 splitting out of the harness together, and 2&4 coming out together. All of them have ceramic covers over the connectors. Are there extensions for the 4&6 plugs? The harness also has clips that would appear to clamp to the injector lines.

diesel65
11-13-2005, 13:19
Are you sure you didn't install the wiring harness upside down, meaning the wires you are trying figure out belongs on the drivers side.

JeepSJ
11-14-2005, 10:15
Yes, because that side of the harness had extra wires for the starter. Other than the extra wires, the two sides are identical. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I ended up with a harness that was for a van application.

tom.mcinerney
11-16-2005, 03:50
Mark-i sent some fotos. )cox connect) pls aknlg receipt... t m.

JeepSJ
11-16-2005, 11:20
Thanks, Tom! Got the pics and they helped tremendously.