PDA

View Full Version : Under seat storage bin

Tinbender
03-22-2002, 19:39
A couple weeks ago some one was asking about rear under seat storage for ext cab. My local Chev/GMC parts man researched the bins and said they are a promotion item for the GMC professional series. They are molded plastic aaand only with the GMC logo and has compartments. At this time they can only be ordered referencing a GMC VIN. He ordered one for me using a VIN from a vehicle on the lot. Cost $59.95, Part Number 15083315. A very knowledgable and helpful parts department. Maybe this may help.

sonofagun
03-22-2002, 20:56
Thanks Tinbender,

Good post.

Bob
;)

wangotango
03-22-2002, 21:17
Mr. T-bender:

Your sig says you have ext cab.

So I assume this part fits under that particular truck model. Pretty genius stuff eh?

Does it go from door to door?
Dimensions?

thanks

w/t

Tinbender
03-23-2002, 11:57
Wangotango,

I have not seen the storage bin, as they didn't have a picture of it. Had to go on the say so of the parts man. It is supposed to go accross the back and fit under the fold down seat of an ext cab. It has some compartments like a tackle box. He talked to some one on the phone to get the info. I took his word for it and ordered one. He thought that because they required a VIN that it may take a while to get. VIN's required, usually mean that they are in short supply. Will post a picture when I get it and have more info. :D

Thanks for including me on the Allison decal offer, I was at the dealer to pick-up the Duramax nameplate when I got this info.

Bob

[ 03-23-2002: Message edited by: Tinbender ]</p>

wangotango
03-23-2002, 16:53
T-Bender:

I be a thankin' ya for the follow-up.

And I'd be a checkin' my mai l if it were me.

w/t

sonofagun
03-24-2002, 20:17
Cabelas.com just issued latest truck catelog. They show 2 different under seat storage boxes. One is fabric with a frame, one is a safe-like metal unit.

Bob

bbugg
03-24-2002, 20:50
Depending on your application, this unit could be a little pricey, but very nice(It's not a plastic tray):
http://www.truckvault.com/seatvault.asp

I installed the truck vault in my short bed and it is way cool.

Check it out

LA DMAX
03-25-2002, 23:02
Wangotango: they have a picture of the GMC storage box at this site http://www.gmc.com/sierra/professional/index.html?source=sierrahp
Just click on that see it for yourself icon.
Laters

LA DMAX

mdrag
03-26-2002, 00:42
Too bad the underseat storage won't work in a CC... :(

BTW, I noticed on the pictures of the Sierra Professional at the link provided by LA DMAX (the pic at the top AND the rotating 360 exterior view) that the TracRac system is incorrectly installed. TracRac recommends the rear supports be installed with the 45* side braces facing the front - they have them facing the rear, which reduces the rated load rating...

LA DMAX
03-26-2002, 23:49
mdrag: I guess a keen eye and alot of knowledge will catch such errors huh? Wonder if GMC will ever find out they did that?
Later

LA DMAX

mdrag
03-27-2002, 01:15
LA DMAX,

I sent an email to TracRac with the link just to see if/how they'd respond or comment.... :D

Tinbender
03-27-2002, 12:02
LA DMAX

Thanks for the link on the storage bin. I guess it was as the parts man described, I'm glad that I took the chance and ordered one.

Bob

LA DMAX
03-27-2002, 19:31
Tinbender: No problem, always glad to help with the little I do know.

mdrag: Hopefully a pencil pusher isn't looking at it, otherwise there will just be a blank stare on the other side of that email. LOL :D
Later

LA DMAX

Maverick
03-28-2002, 02:28
I ordered one from my dealer today. They are on national back order. I got mine for 36 bucks and some change. Who knows when it will show up. Didn't need a vin# to order either.

TXAtty
03-28-2002, 10:55
DeeZee makes a behind the rear seat "cab organizer" - Part No. CO-75 and CO-85. Has anyone seen/purchased one of these? I am looking for some way of organizing the stuff that floats around/under the back seat.

Road Kill
03-28-2002, 18:54
I found a 10 gal container made by Rubbermaid called a roughneck. It is about 8 1/2" high x 15 1/4" wide x 21 3/8" long. I have a 3500, cab and a half. This container jams under rear seat perfect and will not move at all. Works for me. Cost about $9.00 at Wally world. Hope this may help someone. tongue.gif

hickcox
04-01-2002, 14:26
Hey Tinbender I tried two different dealerships, a Chevy and a GMC and both tell me that the part number 15083315 is not a good number and no where in their database.

If any of the people who ordered one of these manage to get one, double check the GM part number and post it here.

Thankx,
hickcox

carrerars
04-01-2002, 21:28
Hickcox,

The part number is good, it has not been imputed
to the computer at the dealers yet. The parts guy I dealt with had to call it in and told me to check back in a month because its too new. I will
check back later this month to see if they are available.

Maverick
04-01-2002, 21:31
I didn't have any problem ordering one. The part # came up in their system but it is on national back order they told me. Got one on order anyway.

Tinbender
04-02-2002, 00:24
Hickox,
15083315 is the part number they wrote on the order, it is ONLY a GMC item, part of their Professional Grade Promo. I was told that it would take some time to get it in as they are in demand. that was the reason for the VIN requirement on the order.

WhenI see it I will repost the info and pictures, wish I could be more help :cool:
Bob

Tim B
04-16-2002, 21:14
Tinbender or Maverick -
I've tried 2 different dealerships and neither could find the PN anywhere. I really want one of these but what should I tell my parts guy that will help him find the PN ? Has anyone actually go their hands on one of these yet ? Can someone post a dealer name and number for the parts dept (maybe include the guy you dealt with) and I'll call them directly.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tim B.

Tinbender
04-16-2002, 21:39
I haven't talked to the dealership lately, but I do know they have received one. ( Not Mine)

Seaview Chevrolet GMC
17909 Highway 99
Lynnwood, WA 98037
(425)742-1920
Parts Man: Rene

I will contact them tomorrow and let you know what they say.

Bob
jenisrc@att.net

GMFAN70
04-16-2002, 22:28
My buddy ordered one for his 2002 EC. He used the above part number. No problem with the order but it is on back order.

I gave up on finding a standard storage unit for my CC so I had a local boat shop guy (who does a lot of aluminum welding) build two custom boxes for me. $65 including enough "trim lock" to trim the sharp upper edges. I think he gave me a very good deal on price. They hold jumper cables, tool kit, first aid kit, fuel filter, filter wrench, tow straps, etc. They'll work until something better comes along!

Maverick
04-17-2002, 00:38
Tim B,
The PN in the first post is the one I gave my parts man. It came up in the system but then he had to punch the # in a different key pad on the wall. Something to do with parts direct from GM and not through the normal distribution warehouse or something. They still havn't called me to tell me its in yet. Will check later this week on its status. The # is a good #. My dealer is Tony Chevrolet in Anchorage, Alaska #907-365-8600

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>

Tinbender
04-17-2002, 12:10
The dealer sent a tracer on the order for the underseat bin and the response was that GMC no longer has a supplier for that item. GMC is currently looking for a new vender.

The dealer thought that because of the low price that there was not enough profit and if another vender is found the price would increase. He said that if and when anything happened he would let me know. Dosen't look good for the good guys. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Just checked GMC website and the stowage bin is still shown.

Bob

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: Tinbender ]</p>

odoh
04-17-2002, 18:00
Hmmm-m, Called the local GMC dealer who said it wasn't in the system ~ but said she'd call GM. Called back and said it is available and should be here in a couple of days :confused: . We shall see I guess. ~ odoh

Tinbender
04-17-2002, 19:30
Please let me know if and when you recieve it. These guys will try to get one

Bob
jenisrc@att.net

crafty
04-18-2002, 16:18
I placed an order for one yesterday using the GM part number posted here. Two weeks ago he said that there was no info in the system for that number but it was a good number.
Yesterday the info was there and a price of about $87.00 (can). He said it should be here in about a week and it had to be shipped from the states. I'll let you all know if I actually get it.
:D :D :D

Maverick
04-18-2002, 19:18
Checked with my dealer today. Still not in yet. :mad: