PDA

View Full Version : OEM Running Boards

Dave_WB3FYV
05-27-2002, 12:15
Anyone have the Factory GM Running boards installed? I was looking to get the Dee Zee Black Guardian's that have intergral mudflaps for $300 but noticed GM PartsDirect has the OEM fiberglass boards for $230. I think they're the same as those on the Tahoe, but they only have a small tab at the front that acts like a mudflap ( at least I think it does ) None of the local dealers have them installed on a pickup so I can't compare other than the pictures.
I like the looks of the Dee Zee boards, but after getting over the truck sticker shock, I'm looking to save a few bux on the accessories!

Steve Cornell
05-28-2002, 05:19
Dave,
I went through this last winter with the Suburban boards on my crew cab, yes they will mount, yes they work, no the fit is not perfect...

Here is the link for all the details and pictures
http://www.rtol.net/scornell/runboard.htm

As far as the Tahoe boards working on the Ext. cab....... someone else will have to be the guinea pig for that :D

Dave_WB3FYV
05-28-2002, 10:44
Thanks for the info Steve. Sorry you had to be the one to spend the money for the experiment. Maybe next time you're wondering if an accessory will fit, I'll take the plunge and share the results like you did!
On the other hand, those boards DO look pretty good! I can assume the Tahoe boards will look the same. Guess I'll get the Dee Zee's, though spending the extra cash will mean I have to wait longer to get "Juiced" !