PDA

View Full Version : fuel lines @ tank/sender

ff43sc
11-13-2005, 04:39
As some other posts have indicated, my rubber return line is leaking near the crimped area towards the top of fuel tank near the sending unit. I haven't dropped the tank yet. Can anyone tell me if the steel line goes all the way from the crimp to the sender or is there a nipple/spout coming out of sender that I can clamp a new rubber fuel line onto. I checked a national parts chain and they said the sender assembly was a dealer only item and a few hundred dollars.
Would like to know what i have to work with before going to trouble of dropping tank and taking truck completely out of service....Thanks.

GMCfourX4
11-16-2005, 12:27
The fuel sender is NOT a dealer only item, and can be had in various aftermarket brands for significantly less than the dealer price. Here is a picture of the Delco unit: Click Here (http://198.208.187.182/internet/PartImage***p?mfgname=ACDELCO&prodlinecd=43&acpartnbr=25028613)

Here is a link to a site where you can order a Delco or other aftermarket sending unit: Click Here (http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/catalog.php?carcode=1052637&parttype=4436)

I don't have anything to do with www.RockAuto.com, (http://www.RockAuto.com,) but I have ordered from them a number of times, and they're quick to send things out, and have very good prices. If you decide to get it from them, put in discount code 329499156392 for something like 5% off (they send me these codes about once a month since I started ordering from them).

Hope this helps...
-Chris

**On Edit: APPARENTLY part of that picture URL is considered offensive, but why a period and the letter*** aren't allowed, I have no idea. The link to the prices should work for you though.

**On Second Edit: This is rediculous. I guess you aren't allowed to put the letter J next to the letter S or P... I don't know why, but its VERY annoying, b/c it doesn't let you link to a **** Server Page....

**Third Edit: Why can't you have anything about Sun Microsystems J-A-V-A ? This is foolish.

*Rant Over*

[ 11-16-2005, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: GMCfourX4 ]

ff43sc
11-16-2005, 15:57
thanks Chris, I was able to see just enough of the line to cut the steel line above the crimp and spliced in a rubber fuel line to the steel line out of the sender, thanks for the info..I will check them when i replace the unit later..

tom.mcinerney
11-25-2005, 14:01
Good find, Chris. Rock seems to be a thorough organisation.

autocrosser
11-25-2005, 16:14
I was wondering if there is existing wiring in the dash for a low fuel indicator on the 96 trucks. If so is there a sender available (gas model???) that would work to enable a low fuel indication on the dash. GM should have installed that in the 96 diesel truck. I have a SLT - maybe it was installed on the top of line models ??? I really miss that feature and have nearly run out of fuel on several trips.

curmudge1
11-28-2005, 09:01
I have an old sender unit, free to a good home, you pay shipping. From my (now sold) 94 Blazer. I had to have all the fuel lines replaced some time ago, including this. The fuel lines to/from have been cut, but there's some left, kinda rusty.

mail me at dstrom
and the
rest is speakeasy <D0t> net.

and don't be in too much of a hurry for a reply, I don't check email frequently. ;)