PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Recommendations

MNR
03-26-2002, 14:12
Greetings,

I'm new to posting but I've been surfing the list since the purchase of our new 2500HD D/A CC 4x4 LT in November. This is our first diesel and I'm really looking forward to not wearing out a tow vehicle in 3 years....

I'm looking for recommendations for an alarm system that will work well with the GM remote functions, provide remote starting and a moderate level of motion detection for an attached trailer. Remote paging would be an added benefit and a real plus would be a competant installer in the northern (Cleveland),OH area.

I'd install it myself, but we are buried in snow and the truck won't fit in the shop due to the door height. Though I'm not sure knowing the truck wouldn't fit would have had any effect on the purchase ;).

Thanks,
Paul

mdrag
03-26-2002, 20:43
I have the Clifford AvantGaurd alarm with remote start and Turbo Timer option, installed around July '01. Very pleased with it so far, the only issue is the alarm cannot sense the WTS light - so I have to use the built in adjustable delay. I don't feel this is a big deal.

Remote paging was not an option, but I'm sure a good installer could work one in. This Clifford system does not use a motion sensor, but rather a very effective digital tilt sensor.

Search the forums for alarm systems, remote start, etc. and you should find a great deal of info to keep you busy.

Topic moved to 2500HD/3500 ACCESSORIES forum.

txguppy
03-28-2002, 23:38
Had a Bulldog remote start/alarm installed 4-months ago. Was very pleased w/ it till the "Security" light came on and once would'nt start after a 4-midnight shift. The techy installed a relay in place of the "diodes" that sense the resistance built-in to the factory "kill switch." No problems since. ***ut be sure to Lock and Unlock w/ the remote. If you Lock with the door panel switch AND the remote Lock button, when you open the door of the vehicle by Unlocking w/ remote your horn will sound, waking the neighbors. ***ut insert the key into the door lock and Lock/Unlock it.
Hopes this helps.

txguppy