PDA

View Full Version : What Gages Do I Need?

Diesel to the MAX
06-01-2002, 22:56
I have a 02-2500HD D/A CC. I pull a 28

Tinbender
06-01-2002, 23:05
I ordered pyro and boost guages from Dakota Digital last week, should have them Monday. I ordered the rectangluar digital and plan on mounting then in the overhead console where the On-Star is normally. Will post pics when I get them installed. :D :D :D

mackin
06-02-2002, 18:51
Diesel to the MAX,

Mine are on the pillar . Not obstructive to the view IMHO .......

Although not live I do have a few PICS on my trail, see SIG .....MDRAG a moderator has a combo digital guage mounted on the dash ...... He is easy to find here he's the one with the huge SIG. ;)
Someone put them where Tinbender is going to looks good ,Although the most difficult install ..... Also someone put them down low where that cubby hole is by the cup holders in the LT'S decor ......

MAC
smile.gif

[ 06-02-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Diesel to the MAX
06-02-2002, 21:37
Tinbender

Tinbender
06-02-2002, 22:41
Diesel to the Max, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I have a blank spot about 6 1/2" wide X 2 1/2" high above the mirror. It's just blank now , but I intend to fill it. I have the LS model.

Should have some pics posted sometime the week of the 10th.
GONE FISHIN

odoh
06-03-2002, 00:06
I've an LS. I have what I call a 'cubby' just above the mirror. Wondered what it was for. Been stashing the garage door opener and some CDs therein. OnStar you say ~ hmm, guess I'll have to scratch my head on that'un.

Uncertain I would wanna put gauges there as I generally wear a cap and the bill would interfere w/convenient veiw of gauges if in that location. Oh well, to each his own ~ odoh

mackin
06-03-2002, 04:30
Tinbender,

I think that area in the above head consol you are referring to is for the drivers information, option pod ........ Reference #'S for trip, Fuel economy, distance left in tank capacity, etc......... It was an option I wasn't aware was available in 01 , so I missed out. Some have gone with aftermarket and installed there...... Some where here there is PICS of an install of guages there .......

MAC :D