PDA

View Full Version : Locking Fuel Caps

txguppy
03-28-2002, 23:28
Has anyone found a locking fuel cap for the D-Max yet? I visited the Stant website, but no fit chart. Also, I'm getting tired of "digging" for small items in my center console. Any ideas for a shallow tray to fit across the console opening???

Thank in advance,
txguppy

'01 GMC D/A SLT Ext/WS
Pewter/Pewter
1SD,Trl Pkg
Roll-Top Cover
Steadfast OEM Style Running Boards
KN Air Filter
Fumoto Valve (a MUST)
Amsoil Syn Fluid
CARR Front License Plate Step
Remote Start/Alarm
Phantom II Detector/Jammer (another MUST)

Kennedy
03-30-2002, 08:45
OK, we'll try this again. A DP member sent me a pr of green caps back in fall 2000. One was locking, the other not. They said Ingersoll on the bag. I believe he works for Bobcat, or a Bobcat dealer.

NickLeinonen
03-31-2002, 07:54
those green fuel caps: genos garage sells them for like $15 or so, but i do not know if they are lockers or not.

they are in the dodge cummins diesel section under exterior accessories

http://www.genosgarage.com

[ 03-31-2002: Message edited by: NickLeinonen ]</p>

txguppy
03-31-2002, 16:43
Thanx for the leads, Now I just have to see if ANYONE in this part of the US has 'um.
txguppy :D

mattb5150
04-01-2002, 01:04
A few months ago I was looking for a locking cap for my Dmax also. The manager of the local Auto Zone told me that the only place to get a locking cap with the teather like stock was the dealer. I went to my GM parts guy and he said that GM didn't recommend locking caps anymore due to the fact that they didn't tighten as well and let air into the tanks, he said it was and issue on both diesel and gas tanks?

Matt B.