PDA

View Full Version : Yet another auxillary fuel tank question

SJR
03-30-2002, 09:01
I am still trying to decide on the cost/weight benefit of an extra fuel supply. Any choices other than Transfer Flow or Texas Tank or Camping World? Should I consider a 12v transfer pump with nozzel setup instead of an in line system?
Thanks,
SJR

Maverick
03-30-2002, 11:06
I found some in the Northern Tool & Equipment catalog. A 41 gal tool box tank combo is $489.99 and the biggest which is 97 gal is $759.99. ;)

GBurton
03-30-2002, 11:15
SJR
Unless you have a need to transfer fuel to another vehicle I would not go a 12v-transfer pump with hose and nozzle setup. All of the transfer tank installations that I have seen the transfer pump is attached to the top of the tank. The pump and hose is in plain site. If you have a need to transfer fuel to another vehicle that is the way to go but if it is only to add fuel capacity to your truck I suggest you go with either a larger replacement fuel tank or an auxiliary fuel tank.
It’s a very good feeling on a “Dark and Stormy Night smile.gif ” to be able to flip a switch, transfer between tanks and watch your fuel gauge follow the tank.

Texas tank, are you referring to Auxtank.com that is located in Texas? I have one of their tanks and I am very pleased with the product and support.

George

[ 03-30-2002: Message edited by: GBurton ]</p>

dmaxstu
03-30-2002, 14:05
SJR

Like Geo. Burton I have also installed a tank from www.auxtank.com and I also am well pleased with the product and support.It was not difficult to install. The valve had all the hoses installed allready specifically for the Dmax so it was just a question of identifying the places to connect them. On our longer RV trips I have a range of 2000 miles and don't have to mess around with diesel fuel unless I see a good deal or it is convenient for me. In addition to the fuel gauge even your low fuel light works with the auxilary tank, I have 20 GALS. left when it comes on. I have found a crafty way also to route wires through the firewall I use a plastic rope splicing fob, the smallest I could find, and put some WD40 on it and push it through alongside that big bundle of wires going in put your wire inside it and pull it out inside the cab.I had to do that twice and worked well each time. Stu

[ 03-30-2002: Message edited by: dmaxstu ]</p>