PDA

View Full Version : Any good reliable custom shops in Southern California?

SoCalDieselNewbie
06-03-2002, 16:19
Hi guys,

I just got my truck but have lurked on this board for a couple of months prior to the purchase. I learned alot about this truck from the folks here and wanted to say... THANK YOU!

While the information was great, there is a downside to these boards. Before I even brought my truck home, I already had a laundry list of about 15 accessories for it.

I have already decided that I am going with the Banks Exhaust, from prior family expereince and since they are 5 miles from my house, so that is taken care off.

What concerns me, however, is the instalation of a PRE-TURBO EGT probe. I want to use the SPA Digital gauges so having Banks install it is out of the question.

Anybody know a shop withing a couple of hundred miles of Los Angeles that does CLEAN RELIABLE CUSTOM work on these trucks?

Actually, what I have been thinking about doing, is having all the sensors for the guages installed by a reliable Diesel mechanic. Then have all the guage mounting done by a friend that has a Mercedes custom shop. His work is pretty much the definition of clean installations.

Any shop recommendations would be appreciated...

SoCalNewbie