PDA

View Full Version : Mdrag's next mod?

SWLA
06-04-2002, 20:53
http://www.cleargearz.com/

Is it just me, or is this a really dumb idea? Hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes by saying that.

Diesel to the MAX
06-05-2002, 08:24
Looks cool.

Not sure I would trust the statement

hoot
06-05-2002, 08:54
I don't know, that "indestructable" movie looks fishy. The guy is slamming it with a hammer and it's not budging an inch. The way he's hitting it I would at least thought the whole thing would move. There is no sign of any deflection at all.

SWLA
06-05-2002, 09:17
I guess I would worry about heat. This seems like the anti Mag-hytec. I did not seem any reference to the thickness of the material, but I would expect plastic to act as an insulator instead of helping dissipate heat like the finned aluminum Mag-hytec cover. By the way, I'm not endorsing either product as my diff cover is still stock. I guess this is purely for looks. Seems like a bad idea if you were pulling any kind of load.

Silver Bullet
06-05-2002, 11:43
Kinda cool, but not for me! An accident waiting to happen..."Bubba, get a little closer so I can see that thing work!" BAM! BANG! BOOM! smile.gif

mdrag
06-05-2002, 15:05
I'll stick with the Mag-Hytec. I'm not fixin' to change...

If you use a clear diff cover, then the real anal types would HAVE to get every visible piece chromed, and then you couldn't use your truck since you would scratch the chrome - so heat would not be an issue... ;) :D

Pendlum
06-11-2002, 08:55
I agree with Silver Bullet, it's an accident waiting to happen. I can see hitting something and "WHAM" you're completely screwed. Definitely looks good for a show, but I'd like to see it after 30,000 miles.

wangotango
06-11-2002, 18:31
Maybe a clear type of lube like a mineral oil based substance.

Then you could put in a big fat goldfish.

Hey!!! Don't tap on the glass!

w/t

ChaoticRacer
06-16-2002, 17:30
Perfectly good waste of money. I think you'll be washing that every time you pull out of ur driveway :rolleyes: