PDA

View Full Version : Question on CFN fuel pricing

56Nomad
06-05-2002, 15:13
Hi all,

I hold a CFN (Commercial Fueling Network) card and probably
don't use it as much as I should. It is quite handy on road trips
as their stations are conveniently along many interstate Hwys.

Typically the CFN dealers do not show the price of diesel, even
when you get your receipt it is not shown. I get a billing twice
a month from my local dealer if I actually use CFN stations on the
road. I don't think they mark the prices up and it seems that their
prices are generally +or- 2

letsgo
06-05-2002, 18:41
56Nomad

When I traveled to Florida all the CFN pumps had the prices posted, I have applied for a USA CFN CARD but I will only get a 1 cent discount per gal, not really worth the trouble of getting a card. At home (Toronto Canada) the Husky CFN CARD will give me 10 cents off on a Canadian gallon ( 8 cents on a us gal), I think it must be your CFN Petroleum Marketer, I will enclose a partial e-mail that might be of help note the representative is indicating there could be a vast difference in pricing.

QUOTE.
give these companies a call and tell them you are interested in getting a CFN card and they will help you from there. Of course, each company is different, so you might want to call a few or all of them and decide for yourself which one would be best for you.

Whichever one you choose, you still will have the option on where to fuel - at any of the network sites across the United States!

Again, thank you for your interest in CFN!

Sincerely,

Carmen Lopez
Participant Services Representative

To: carmenl@cfnnet.com
Subject: application

motovet
06-06-2002, 00:08
Hi Howard. I Have a CFN card and use it always. Since I started using the card I have paid anywhere from .81-.92$ a gallon. This price is on average .40+$ a gallon cheaper than the best the big names are offering. I have found however that different companies that share the CFN system have VERY different pricing. I noticed this while approving payables at work. The company that I chose for my personal use charged me .89$ a gallon at our local card lock. The company that we USED to use for our company trucks had charged 1.29$ at the same card lock in the same billing period. Needless to say I switched to the more expensive fuel as I want only the best for my truck! Of course if you would prefer to save some money there may be a better option in your area. How was your trip down the coast?