PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of 6" Lift on 2500HD?

D-n-Tyke
04-04-2002, 12:16
Just like it says. Does anyone have pictures of a 2500HD with a 6" lift? Am looking at doing this to the truck after we get one and would like a couple of reference pictures. Thanks

dmatt
04-04-2002, 16:09
Pictures of my 2500 HD lifted Duramax:

www.picturetrail.com/dmatt

Regards,

DMATT

TimofCharlotte
04-04-2002, 18:59
dmatt, Sweet Looking Truck!! Looks ready for anything, yet still extremely clean. Any other accessory plans for it? Not that you need to do anything, the lift and tires along with the black color make a heck of a statement all by themselves. Very nice job. Oh, and I like the billet bowtie, it looks great. :D :D

dmatt
04-04-2002, 21:33
TimofCharlotte: Thank you very much for your kind
comments; future upgrades include, custom CST
traction bars, boost and exhaust temp gauges,
color matched fender flairs and PIAA 6 inch driving lights with PIAA air dam; and yes, it really gets dirty as I spend a lot of time in the
Eastern Sierra backroads.

Regards,

DMATT

Silver Bullet
04-04-2002, 22:04
Dmatt - Outstanding!!! I like the clean, simple look!

TimofCharlotte - I have been disappointed in the lack of available painted bowties for the HD. I have an experiment going on...I went to my local dealer bought some pewter touch-up paint ($10) in a spray can and new bowtie ($20). I used a couple butter knifes to carefully pry the gold bowtie off the black background. I then sanded, primed and painted the bowtie pewter and re-glued to the black background...it looks good, but the true test will be how it looks on the truck. I am waiting for the paint to cure a little longer and I am going to cover it with some Invinca-Shield to protect it. I am planning on painting the bowtie I take off the old Chevy "bowtie blue".

Tinbender
04-04-2002, 22:58
Dmatt;
Great looking truck. I was wondering whose billet grille that is? I've been looking to install one, and haven't seen one that was as clean as yours.

Thanks, Bob

4x4TX
04-05-2002, 10:13
I have pics of my linked below...take a look

www.picturetrail.com/4x4

[ 04-05-2002: Message edited by: 4x4TX ]</p>

dmatt
04-05-2002, 10:37
Tinbender:The grill is made by a company called Stull; it did require that the stock grill be cut out but I am not interested in going back, so it didn't bother me.

Regards;

DMATT

Silver Bullet
04-14-2002, 17:18
I finally got my pewter bowtie mounted in the grill today. I protected it with a custom cut piece of Invinca-shield. Check it out...

http://www.kevcarart.com/steve/

AKDmax
04-14-2002, 22:13
Steve,
What kind of paint did you use under the hood? Nice Truck!!!

Silver Bullet
04-14-2002, 22:36
AKDmax,
Thanks. I went to a local hobby store and picked up Testors paint pens...silver and black. I need to add another coat or two, but it looks pretty good considering I did it freehand and I don't have a perfectly steady hand!!! :D

On edit...
I painted the air box, fan cover, electrical center, red battery box, and the engine cover.

[ 04-14-2002: Message edited by: Silver Bullet ]</p>

theNUT
04-15-2002, 10:28
Here ya go,

Check these babies out...

http://hometown.aol.com/sirnutimus/DURAMAX/MY-D-MAX.htm

theNUT