PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Fleetco Air Suspension?

trailhorserider
06-10-2002, 08:17
I'm considering a Fleetco air suspension for my regular cab 3500. The concrete roads around San Francisco are brutal: driving empty or towing my small three-horse trailer is quite an unpleasant experience. The ride with my larger gooseneck (13,000 lbs.) is not nearly as bad, but I'm concerned about the wear and tear on the trailer. The Fleetco setup will soften the ride under all conditions, keep the truck level and allow me to kneel from underneath the gooseneck. Seems like a good setup, but pricey. Only for those who are going to keep their truck for several years. Any thoughts?

Rick T

Nevada Hauler
06-10-2002, 22:49
trailhorserider

Nevada Hauler
06-10-2002, 23:34
Trailhorserider, this question has asked before and it seems nobody has done it yet. I have been thinking about this for a long time, hoping to get some feedback before spending the money. I have recently talked to them, they say you are still driving a truck and you can't change that, They don't over promise. I would love to drive a chevy truck with the air suspension. I think I'll call them tomorrow and ask for referrals. FYI Fleetco is discounting by $200 during the month of June. I am thinking of buying it soon and getting it installed in early July, if you want to wait that long I'll give you my impressions.

trailhorserider
06-11-2002, 07:41
I'm probably going to go ahead and get it done. Fleetco has had kits for the entire line of F**ds for quite some time. If you look at the F**d website you can read a number of very positive comments. Certainly, when I was considering an F-450 it was with the assumption that I would do this mod. Fleetco suggests carrying a spare air bag, but the primary "failure" mode is road debris, not a true failure of the device. This has got to be very, very unlikely. I would want to be sure that you could inflat the air bags manually in case of compressor failure.

At my 15,000+ yearly miles, much of it towing a horse trailer of one size or another, I'd sure like to be more comfortable on these miserable roads.

Nevada Hauler
06-13-2002, 00:59
Trailhorserider, Well, I went ahead and made an appointment for July 1 to get the Fleetco installed on my truck. They say to allow two days for install, so will be back by 7/4. Having it done in Phoenix. Let me know if you get yours done sooner. will be off the web for 10 to 14 days starting 6/16.

56Nomad
06-14-2002, 09:53
Can you throw out a ball park price on
this set up as everything seems expensive
when it comes to adding accessories to
our trucks

Nevada Hauler
06-14-2002, 14:28
56Nomad, You are right about everything being expensive! As for the Fleetco Air Suspension, here are the approximate prices; Kit= $2090, with a $200 discount during June, extra height sensor and dump valve kit $360, extra bag $160, installation $800-1000 or freight about $250 for the do it yourselfer. http://www.fleetcoproducts.com./
P.S. They also suggest that gas shocks not be used as they don't work well with the air bags. one might want to budget for a set of Rancho 9000 Shocks. Not a cheap date! I'm hoping it works well.