PDA

View Full Version : stereo installation

Dragsled
04-05-2002, 15:31
i'm about to start installing a new stereo in my 2500 crew cab.

can anybody tell me the which color wires are + and - at each of the 4 doors ?

mdrag
04-05-2002, 16:31
Dragsled,

From a recent post:

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=003056&p=

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here it is:

Speaker wires
POLARITY & COLORS/CONNECTOR PIN #:

DS front: + TAN/2 - GREY/1
PS front: + LT GREEN/4 - DARK GREEN/3

DS REAR: + BROWN/20 - YELLOW/19
PS REAR: + DARK BLUE/18 - LIGHT BLUE/17

The RADIO CONNECTOR is a two piece connector, each 'half' of the connector has 10 terminal positions - divided into 4 and 6 positions. I'm describing this connector based on the pictures in the Helm's manual. The BLACK half of the connector is C1 and has terminal positions 1 -> 10, the GREY half of the connector is C2 and contains positions 11 -> 20.

For CONNECTOR C1 (BLACK PORTION), hold the connector with the wires entering from the rear/terminals closest to you and the FOUR TERMINAL SECTION to the RIGHT - position 1 is on the FAR RIGHT and POSITION 10 on the FAR LEFT.

For CONNECTOR C2 (GREY PORTION), hold the connector with the wires entering from the rear/terminals closest to you and the SIX TERMINAL SECTION to the RIGHT - position 11 is on the FAR RIGHT and POSITION 20 on the FAR LEFT.

PLEASE NOTE - on my truck ('01 crew cab) both rear speaker wires were the same color - IIRC they were BROWN/YELLOW and did NOT match ANY of the radio wiring diagrams. There are many different configurations - 27 DIFFERENT SCHEMATICS for these trucks, but I believe this to be the correct configuration. The radio connector pin outs support the speaker color combinations/polarity above EXCEPT for both rear speakers having the same colors on my truck - I have no idea where this came from....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

When I said both rear speakers had the same color wires - this was at the speakers themselves - I did not check the radio connector to see if they were also the same color at the radio connector...