PDA

View Full Version : Air ride seats, Is there such a thing?

Ironhead
09-01-2002, 18:13
The seats on my 3500 D/A seam to be agravating my back problems. I was wondering if there are any aftermarket seats for our trucks like the bigger trucks have with the air cushion ride. If not then maybe some other retrofit seats that can go back a little farther and maybe a little more designed for comfort. It seems there is not very much leg room in these trucks. My arms seem to be a comfy distance from the wheel with seat all the back but legs seem cramped up, and I am only 6'.

stretch
09-02-2002, 05:17
WOW !!! I'm 6'6" and I find the truck to be quite cozy. Is yours a standard cab, crew, or extended.

I had a 2 door S10 Blazer a few years back and it fit me OK, I then purchased a 4 door for the wife and could not fit well in it at all. Go figure that one out...
I would think no matter what seat you get, the relationship between arms to steering wheel and legs to the pedals won't change. As for comfort, that's hard to call. If you need a firmer ergonomically designed seat you can look at what Recaro sells {$$$} or if you have a need for softer seatting, there are a slew of upfitter and conversion shops that can help you out.I don't think air ride is an option due to a lack of head room, which is needed for seat travel. :(

Maverick
09-02-2002, 12:20
Believe it or not but my seat goes back farther in my reg cab LS 3500 than ext cab SLT 2500HD. Maybe it has something to do with the power seats. They just don't seem to go back as far. I am only 5'10" and drive both trucks with the seat all the way back.