PDA

View Full Version : WOOHOO...new accessories

bluenote
04-07-2002, 06:52
About three weeks ago, I got running boards and a tonneau cover installed on the truck. Having spring break this past week, I had the chance to get a Line-X bedliner sprayed in. Also, my new CIPA mirrors arrived and I installed them yesterday. The factory bedliner had done quite a bit of damage to the paint, and I've only owned the truck for 6 months! I looked at Rhino, Perma-Tech and Line-X and felt that the Line-X was the best application, and I got a little better price too! The CIPA mirrors were very easy to install, and during the one drive we've taken with them (unextended), there was virtually no vibration like some have reported. OMG...these mirrors are HUGE! My wife thinks I'm nuts for putting them on, but what does she know? :rolleyes: :D I've always thought the stock mirrors looked small, so IMHO, the new mirrors are better suited to the size/stance of these trucks. Can't wait know to hook up the 5er and check out the view through my two big rearview picture windows!

NutNbutGMC
04-07-2002, 07:04
Quote:
I looked at Rhino, Perma-Tech and Line-X and felt that the Line-X was the best application
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Good choice. smile.gif

Quote:
My wife thinks I'm nuts for putting them on, but what does she know?
__________________________________________________ _____________________

Don't let her hear ya' say that!!

bluenote
04-07-2002, 09:57
Quote:
My wife thinks I'm nuts for putting them on, but what does she know?
Don't let her hear ya' say that!!

Shoot, I'm in the doghouse 23.5/7, so it wouldn't matter. If she kicks me out, I'll just hook up to the 5er and find a nice campsite...plus enjoy that awesome field of view through the new mirrors. tongue.gif

Luis
04-07-2002, 12:33
The CIPA mirrors;....how much? are they heated and power adjust? plug into the factory harness? power extended? need for additional wires and/or switch? how do they compare to Lucerix? width between driver and passenger side? where to buy etc...Any info would be great. I'm considering replacment of my mirrors and whould like info for comparison. Thanks in advance....... smile.gif

NutNbutGMC
04-07-2002, 13:28
Quote:

Any info would be great.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

.......Dub dot cipamirrors dot com.... :confused: :confused:

[ 04-07-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

bluenote
04-07-2002, 14:33
Luis-

I bought mine through stylin' concepts for $299. I only had the power factory mirrors, w/o heat, so that's what I got, but CIPA has 3 versions...manual adjust, power adjust, power adjust w/heat. In my understanding, the Lucerix and CIPA are the same mirror. I didn't see a brand name anywhere on the actual mirrors. I do know that a pic I saw at the Lucerix site (driver's side mirror on a white truck) is the same pic of the CIPA mirror at the stylin' concepts website. They were quick and easy to install, plugged right into the factory wiring and adjust just like the factory mirrors with the door panel control. Everything for installation was included in the shipment. They even included a couple of CIPA "hot spots" mirrors to put in the corners, which I'll be doing before we tow the 5er. They do not extend w/power, but have to be pulled out manually, similar to the factory towing mirrors. There was a discussion a few days ago about the width

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=003109

which gives about the same measurements as mine. They are HUGE when compared to the factory mirrors, give a much larger field of view, and IMHO, look better on these bigger trucks than the factory mirrors.

[ 04-07-2002: Message edited by: bluenote ]</p>

Jomar
04-10-2002, 21:48
Bestop also makes mirrors that look exactly like Lucerix. Cost: $ 299 at 4wheel Parts Wholesale. I`ve gotem,look great,work great. 2002 Chevy 2500HD LT Extcab LB 4wd dmax/al,Ranchhand Grille Guard,Bestop Mirrors,running boards, K&N filter.

Mike Vonada
04-13-2002, 02:55
Bluenote, any pictures you can post???

Steve Cornell
04-13-2002, 08:24
My web site has pictures of the Lucerix mirrors on my truck.. click on the link for picture of the mirrors uninstalled and installed.

(link in my sig. below)

It is my understanding that "all" the mirrors are manufactured by Lucerix in Canada and the Cipa and Bestop are the same mirrors marketed under a different brand name.

[ 04-13-2002: Message edited by: Steve Cornell ]</p>

bluenote
04-15-2002, 20:42
Even though Steve already gave some pix to view, here's some of my truck. The front view pix show the mirrors both normal and extended.

http://pic5.picturetrail.com:80/VOL83/530013/758585//8911026.jpg

http://pic5.picturetrail.com:80/VOL83/530013/758585//8911107.jpg

http://pic5.picturetrail.com:80/VOL83/530013/758585//8911099.jpg

[ 04-15-2002: Message edited by: bluenote ]</p>