PDA

View Full Version : XM or Sirius?

pushpole
06-11-2002, 09:41
Any opinions on which provider is better? Any significant programing differences? Any reception problems? Thanx

NutNbutGMC
06-11-2002, 19:51
^...In my humble and expert opinion... XM, without another thought. 'Nuff said. 'Specially if you like the NASACAR channel. XM carries NASACR exclusively under contract. Let me say it once more, just in case...XM.... I have had it for for 7 months and haven't touched a CD, AM, or FM since. Programming is excellent. Have a look-see at www.xmradio.com.
Feel free to e mail me if you want more info or pictures.
crb862@aol.com

Chuck

[ 06-11-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

Alli-max
06-13-2002, 19:51
Cant tell you about Sirrus. I have XM, and like it. I am guess this is a Ford / Chevy issue, XM being Chevy. :D

XM has some pretty good financial backing (going to be offered as an option for GM in the near future), and I would think they will be around for a while.

As for XM's customer service. Top notch. I had a bad unit, and EVERYTIME I called in, I was on hold for no more then 10 seconds!!! After maybe 5 days of sending and resending new signals to me, they concluded I had a "pioneer" problem, and they were right. At least they didnt initally cast the problem off to "hardware issues" like most companies would.

XM is also less money per month. They do run some killer specials as well. This month, if you are already a subscriber, you can get a second unit's service free for 3 months.

DMAXDiva
06-16-2002, 15:58
I guess I'm the lone Sirius subscriber...I really like it. Had the choice between XM and Sirius, chose Sirius based mainly on the playlist (I have very eclectic music tastes; classical, jazz, classic rock, contemporary rock, but NO country, NO top 40 poopoo)and the fact that there are NO COMMERCIALS on Sirius, whereas I understand that there are a few commercials on XM.

Another selling point for the Sirius was the fact that there are three transmission sattelites vs two with XM, thereby enhancing reception "out in da sticks" where I live.

You really can't go wrong with either of them, but I prefer the Sirius setup. :cool:

ThePend
06-17-2002, 11:20
XM Radio is already installed. Didnt give Sirrus a thought.

NutNbutGMC
06-17-2002, 19:22
^.....Pend, just like XM channel 46..... YOU ROCK!
Excellent choice.

DMAX Daddy
06-18-2002, 09:50
XM all the way!

I dont think you could go wrong with either. I borrowed a friends XM on a recent trip to Reno (back in March) and it was great in Central CA where no radios stations live.

Plus XM was an option on my new truck, so thats why I went with them.

NASCAR channel is on XM, but wasnt last weeks race in Michigan the Sirius 400?? :rolleyes:

[ 06-18-2002: Message edited by: DMAX Daddy ]</p>

pushpole
06-18-2002, 19:16
Thanx for the input. Looks like XM wins. This months Sound & Vison mag has a very detailed comparo between the two. They also came to the conclusion XM wins with a much higher signal quality. Time to break out the plastic. ;)

NutNbutGMC
06-19-2002, 04:53
^...........DMAXDAD......The race at Michigan was paid sponsorship, by Sirius, for the race event only. However, it was broadcast on XM, through the NASCAR channel and XM's contractural agreement. No connection to the coincidence.