PDA

View Full Version : Getting Stoopid in the Dually

Cowracer
11-14-2005, 06:16
My best freind stopped by the on Saturday. Hes been away for awile, so he's not had a ride in the truck since I replaced the engine.

So I thought I would take him for a blast, and seeing how I am getting new tires this week....

I did a HUGE smokey burnout infront of the house. I slipped off the brakes and it would still not take off, and finally, agonizingly slowly, the truck crept away, roasting the tires the whole time.

I ran up the road and I could here the sound of pepples sticking to the tires and getting flung off.

But what suprised me was when we turned around, I could see something in the road. As we got closer, I realized that is was a pile of rubber burning!

I had actually peeled off a few ounces of rubber and managed to ignite them! I have never seen that before. I have witnesses, as my wife, my youngest boy and my buddys wife all were watching.

No video, alas.

tim

tom.mcinerney
11-14-2005, 14:20
High Zoot , indeed!

More Power
11-14-2005, 14:50
have witnesses, as my wife, my youngest boy and my buddys wife all were watching.

Boy are you in trouble.... :D

At some point in the future...

Wife says: "So, you want new tires... again?"

Son says: "But dad, you did it!"

Buddy's wife says: "Bob can't come over anymore. He just got new tires." :D

Jim

Tough Guy
11-14-2005, 19:24
You need to bring that rubber laying, smokey burnout, fire-breathing machine to Montana for the Pull-Off or the next Rendezvous...Yes, yes you do.

Chris

Cowracer
11-15-2005, 05:12
Originally posted by More Power:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />have witnesses, as my wife, my youngest boy and my buddys wife all were watching.

Boy are you in trouble.... :D

At some point in the future...

Wife says: "So, you want new tires... again?"

Son says: "But dad, you did it!"

Buddy's wife says: "Bob can't come over anymore. He just got new tires." :D

Jim </font>[/QUOTE]The son can do all the burnouts he wants. He will pay for his own tire.

The wife will be ok. I pay for my own tires outta my 'allowance' (yes, I am whupped)

Buddys wife has no worries. I dont think I can get a toyota sienna minivan to do a burnout on its best day.

:D

Montana? Probably not, but I have plans of putting it on a dyno this weekend.

Tim

Marty Lau
11-15-2005, 14:25
[/qb][/QUOTE]
:D

Montana? Probably not, but I have plans of putting it on a dyno this weekend.

Tim [/QB][/QUOTE]
Oh COME ON Tim, I'll bring a bottle of Crown Reserve if you show! :cool:

Cowracer
11-16-2005, 05:23
Originally posted by 16ga SxS:
Oh COME ON Tim, I'll bring a bottle of Crown Reserve if you show! :cool: Ba$tard! There you go twisting my arm!

I'll go if, and only if, I get around to changing out the 4.10s for 3.73s

Aint no way I am driving umpteen thousand miles at 60mph. And aint no way in hell I am going to do it at 3200 rpm either :D

Tim

On edit: Maybe we could have it in St. Louis next year. think about it. Budweiser brewery tours! Bowling Hall of Fame! National Dog Museum! Imo's Pizza and Ted Drews frozen custard! Heat and humidity in a race for triple digits!

Heaven by a big ditch!

arveetek
11-16-2005, 07:20
Originally posted by Cowracer:
Maybe we could have it in St. Louis next year. I'd go for that! :D I have only been able to attend one Rendezvous so far, and that was the one in Ohio in 2001. All the others have been too far away for a working man like me to be able to attend.

I'd say it's time for the DP Rendezvous to be back in the Midwest again!

Casey

mhagie
11-16-2005, 07:31
I'll vote for that, we were teased right up till the last minute last year that it would be in the mid-west.
It seems that Mohamed aint a gonna come to the mountain, the mountain done gonna come to Mohamed.
HINT HINT :D
Merle

Big Green
11-16-2005, 10:04
Tim,
I passed a blue dual wheel 4-door a week or two ago as it was getting off I-55 in Herky... had 'MAD COW' on the plate. It sounded good and had gauges on the pillar. Any chance this was the now famous rubber burner?

Big Green
you haven't been there until your pmd gives up in rush hour traffic with a 3 horse trailer in tow.

jspringator
11-16-2005, 11:11
St. Louis and the Budweiser tour sounds great to me!

Marty Lau
11-16-2005, 11:49
I know you midwest boys would love one close too home. I for example don't care for Budwieser beer, been to "heaven by the big ditch" a few times. I escaped the midwest in 1973 and hate going back in the summer the hummidity is no fun.
Bowling Hall of Fame.......okay so I may like Earl Anthony, there is a 10 minute visit.......
Personally I'd find a tour of your Lead smelter of more interest, but I a wierd person. Oh yeah did I mention I go Postal in large cities? j/k

given all that might be fun.........
Doesn't GM have a plant in the SL area, or is that Ford???

Tough Guy
11-16-2005, 19:20
Cowracer-

Are you gonna dyno your truck on the 19th at Lou Fusz Dodge? Let us know what the big dooley can do!! :cool:

Chris

Cowracer
11-17-2005, 05:10
Originally posted by Big Green:
Tim,
I passed a blue dual wheel 4-door a week or two ago as it was getting off I-55 in Herky... had 'MAD COW' on the plate. It sounded good and had gauges on the pillar. Any chance this was the now famous rubber burner?

Big Green
That be me.

And you didn't honk or wave or nothing!
Sheesh! Some People! :rolleyes: :D

Tim

Cowracer
11-17-2005, 05:15
Originally posted by 16ga SxS:

Personally I'd find a tour of your Lead smelter of more interest, but I a wierd person. Oh yeah did I mention I go Postal in large cities? j/k

given all that might be fun.........
Doesn't GM have a plant in the SL area, or is that Ford??? I could probably arrainge a tour. Nothing is like a peek into hell like looking into the business end of a blast furnace.

GM has a truck (or maybe Van) plant in Wentzville about 45 miles from the arch. Ford makes exlorers in Hazelwood and Dodge makes trucks and vans in Fenton.

Detroit as Motor City? Pffftht! There are more vehicles made in the St. Louis metro area than in Detroit.

Tim

Cowracer
11-17-2005, 05:17
Originally posted by Tough Guy:
Cowracer-

Are you gonna dyno your truck on the 19th at Lou Fusz Dodge? Let us know what the big dooley can do!! :cool:

Chris Thats the plan. I dont know how bad not having an I/C will hurt me on the dyno, but what the hell..

I gotta pick up food with the boy scouts early Sat, then I should head up there.

I'll try to snap some pics, if'n my digi cam is working

Tim

Big Green
11-18-2005, 08:47
Sorry for not waving, but when you are used to driving a '95 saturn from Festus to the airport everyday you are pretty careful when it comes to making any kind of gestures at passing cars.... wouldn't want it to be mis-read and end up as dually road kill... LOL!!!

Honestly, I was pretty sure it was you when I pulled up alongside. Stock 6.5's just don't sound like that...

Big Green

Philsky
11-26-2005, 17:17
I have never heard of a advant high zoot, but now I want one. I want more info. I did a web search but all I got was info on Audis. Help a guy out I would love to melt the tires on my Suburban. Thanks for the help.

DmaxMaverick
11-26-2005, 22:04
Originally posted by Philsky:
I have never heard of a advant high zoot, but now I want one. I want more info. I did a web search but all I got was info on Audis. Help a guy out I would love to melt the tires on my Suburban. Thanks for the help. www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/avant.htm (http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/avant.htm)