PDA

View Full Version : Attn. dunrdr!

8.1 HD
04-14-2002, 07:54
Just wondering if you have any pics of your truck? I am looking at adding the Rancho kit to mine and am looking for any feedback ie: wheelwell measurements(from ground to center of opening), ease of install, max tire size, change in ride, etc. Thanks in advance.

http://community.webshots.com/user/8100hd

Turbo Al
04-15-2002, 08:18
Sorry 8.1 HD I going to move you over to the 2500 HD/3500 Accessories Forum.
Turbo AL

dunrdr
04-16-2002, 13:49
I've got one picture with some really awful wheels. Right now it looks much better with Welds. Let me know your email address and I'll send you the ugly one. I'll try to remember to take a more recent one and send that to you.

Wheel well measurements - Because tire size has an effect on this, I'll tell you that the front is set at 27.5 in. center of wheel to lower edge of fender. Front lift is 4" over factory in front and 2.5" in the rear.

Ease of install - Pretty typical of an IFS lift. There is some minor frame welding needed on the rear left control arm pocket. The rest is bolt on.

Max. tire size - 33" dia. tires are about it (haven't seen 35s yet on a Rancho lift). Because of the small GM wheel wells a little trimming of the air dam is even needed with 33s. I've been tempted to try 35s just to see but I don't want to pony up the money for an experiment. Plus I can just get it in my 7' garage as is. A word of advice: don't be tempted to crank up the torsion bars to get 6" of lift. The front half-shafts can develop a vibration at these higher angles.

Change in ride - It actually improved the ride over the stock height vehicle. I love it!

If you have any more questions let me know.

8.1 HD
04-17-2002, 07:18
Thanks for the info, it helped me out alot, my current set-up is the same center of hub to wheel well measurement as yours, the main reason for the lift is to get the front end to ride better since my t-bars are cranked up. The other is to fit 35's on it, so the extra 2.5" that I gain should allow the clearance for them. I guess I should have just bit the bullet and put on a 6" kit to begin with :confused:

e-mail is FireCatRacing61@aol.com

8.1 HD
04-17-2002, 08:37
Also if you don't mind me asking, What would be a good price for the kit? I'll be doing the install.

DMax_Doug
04-17-2002, 12:54
81.HD & dunrdr,
We've got the same dialog going on two posts (the other being mine about a 4" lift on 2500HD)

Dunrdr, I'd like to see some pics too if possible. My email is dmax2500@hotmail.com.

I'm wondering if 305R75-16's will fit on a 16x8x4.5 backspace rims with the Rancho 4" lift.